A fantastic high end compact. Stylish is a retro way.

Nov 12, 2012

Pros:Everything. Build, lens, image quality, class, image, features galore!

Cons:Something about RAW write times. Never tried it.

The Bottom Line: One of the great bargains of the camera world. A professional camera for snap-shot money.

I love this camera. I bought one unused on ebay for £160. What a deal! This is a fantastic high-end compact. It has all the features you could ever want. I'm not a fan of touch screens, it's such an easy thing to live without. The pics are pin sharp. The build is beautiful..pure Nikon. It has a proper glass, high end lens design that is just fantastic. Cases are available on the web for £15. The camera feels solid and looks like a 'real' camera of old, not a fancy phone. It has an optical viewfinder which is quite small.  It has a nice large high-def screen. Lots of dedicated buttons and switches. A great camera for those who like their cameras to look like an old Contax or Voigtlander. There are software updates which improve the camera in all areas. This is a fantastic travel camera. It is easy to pack and the battery lasts for ages. It has a nice, direct plug-in charger. No cables. It has all modes. I set colour pics on one setting, then B&W on another so I can flick between the two quickly. I think this camera was a back-up for professionals. All this, as new in box for £160! A upgrade came out, the P7100. If you can live with the articulated screen, save yourself a few hundred quid. This camera is better than the G12 is was always compared with. It's zoom is longer and it has more class. It is the camera which put the halt to the stupid megapixel race. It has a nice CCD sensor which gives wonderful noise free images. This is a real camera. Not a toy or fashion accessory. I love everything about it.