Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans

ratings (6515 Epinions reviews)

Refinance Loan

Jan 29, 2013 (Updated Jan 29, 2013)

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:
  • Web Site Load Time:

Pros:On-line processing of my loan, with updates, customer contact assigned, Closed within 48 days.

Cons:Loan numbers kept changing on loan docs.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend Quicken Loans because they are thorough, have excellent customer service, the on-line process in awesome and my loan closed in 48 days.

Quicken Loans was one of many who called to inquire about refinancing my loan. I had already spoken with several other "brokers" and each one told me they that refinancing would be of no value, too costly for me or they could not do it. Honestly, I was not optimistic that they could refinance me after prior discussions with other brokers.

After speaking with the first caller from Quicken Loans, I was convinced to at least speak to someone about a VA loan and I agreed. I was contacted about the 1st week of December and after discussing loan options, I was told I might qualify for a VA loan. I discussed the specifics of the loan and the process and was told to fax in the required documents.

Once the faxed documents were recieved, the process began.  I immediately recieved an email from Quicken Loans, signed up with a user name and password and on My Quicken Loans, was able to track and review all documents and changes.

The VA loan has some unique features that were appealing to me as a veteran and I was told that Quicken Loans is very experienced with VA loans.

I opted for the VA loan because I qualified and it allowed me to refinance at a lower interest rate than my current interest rate and lowered my monthly payment by about $250.

I received a gift card for writing this review, regardless of whether I had a positive or negative experience.