Excellent camera!

Feb 6, 2013

Pros:Crystal clear picture, fast shutter speed, easy to handle, great price!

Cons:Doesn't have video option

The Bottom Line: I absolutely recommend this product, it's easy to use, has great features, and is very affordable!

After using my parents' Canon (I can't remember the model no.) for several years while trying to start up an amateur photography business, I wasn't sure if I would like switching to Nikon. However, I am SO glad that I did! My husband bought a D3000 for Christmas at my request, as it was affordable and there was a promotion at a nearby camera store. It took me only a couple of hours of playing around on it to "learn the ropes," so to speak, whereas the Canon took me several days. There are a lot more features on my parents' camera, but the Nikon is perfect for me and while it is simple to use, the quality of the images is not sacrificed. I absolutely love it.

I have had no problems whatsoever with shutter speed (the Canon was a little slower), and the night photos and action shots that I have taken on this camera turned out much better than previous attempts. The portrait setting is also very nice and gives a nice, soft quality to the subject - I've also noticed that colors are much brighter in general on my photos, which is great. So far, I have yet to purchase a telephoto/macro lens, but I'm very excited to do so given the experience I have had so far. I expect great things from the Nikon lenses, given the experience I have had with the D3000!

I do wish that there was a way to film videos on it, but I suppose a separate video camera will do!

I highly recommend this camera!