I LOVE this camera!

Feb 10, 2013

Pros:Great crisp photos, easy to use, reliable.

Cons:LCD screen hard to see if using it for video.

The Bottom Line: This camera has been reliable and durable and I would purchase it again!

I purchased this camera when it first came out and I have zero regrets. In the years since this camera came out I only had one problem, which was the flash wouldn't pop up all the time and I would get an error on the screen. I sent this back to Canon (as I still had a week left on my warranty, thank goodness!) and it was sent back promptly with the flash fixed. I believe it was an issue with the metal bracket on the top.

Now, for the good things! I have about 40,000 pictures that I have taken with this camera, mostly using the kit lens that it came with. I find that it is very easy to operate, I love having the ability to use the view finder or the screen on the back while taking pictures. (Some brands only allow you to view the photo on the lcd screen after it has been taken, not while taking it). The video quality is amazing too, you will be surprised what this camera is capable of!

I have used the t2i in freezing cold weather, while it has been snowing, and my camera still functioned perfectly. I have also taken it on cruises where it has been bumped around and gotten splashed and a bit of sand on it from my fingers. I do however, protect it like it's my baby :). I don't want to damage it.

If you are debating on this camera, I would say 100% go for it!