Adorable seat!

Feb 28, 2013

Pros:Cute and perfect fit for a newborn

Cons:Unpractical if your a normal person who does regular stuff especially for the price.

The Bottom Line: I should have bought a normal carseat that would have lasted longer because for the money I don't think the seat is worth it.

I bought this maxi- cosi mico car seat when my husband and I had our third child. We knew this was going to be our last baby because 3 is plenty! Lol! I wanted to go all out and get a fancy seat because I hated lugging around the heavy ones that my other two children had and this one said it was half the weight of the usual seat. The padding on this seat is really squishy and seemed like it would be alot more comfortable then the other more common brands and the handle was really easy to grasp though it did feel quite flimsy like it could snap at any moment. I found my seat online through a baby store so I didn't have a chance to really check it out completely before I purchased it, I wish I would have especially for the money that was spent on it. The base for the seat was easily secured into our van but the seat itself literally had to be rocked back and forth and up and down until it snapped into the base which sometimes took a couple minutes which is really inconvenient when your in a hurry. The good things about the seat was it was light and adorable and the hospital staff said it was the best fitting baby seat they had ever seen for a newborn, the bad things were flimsy handle, hard to lock it into the base, expensive and my son out grew it with 6 months and I had to buy a whole other seat anyway, it doesn't sit in the front of a shopping cart like other brands as the bottom of the seat is not the same as others so it make grocery shopping harder since you have to sit the seat in the back of the cart which takes up more space. I would honestly suggest to go with a more common brand that you can find at normal retailers because they are alot cheaper and a bit heavier but they are more practical.