Good Camera

Mar 20, 2013

Pros:16 megapixels
14x optical zoom
Expandable storage

Cons:Rechargable battery.

Flash that is placed where you normally put your fingers.

The Bottom Line: While this camera is not the best, the resolution and zoon is good.  We recommend it!

I bought this camera for my wife last Christmas, because she has ad many cameras and wanted a better one to take really good close up shots from far away.  I researched many cameras and I found the company Nikon.  I know that Nikon has been around for quite some time, and they have a good reputation so I went with the Coolpix s8200.  I elected for the black model, and when we recieved it we were pretty impressed.  When taking a picture of a teddy bear from across the room we were able to see every hair on this toy.  This 16 megapixel camera can shoot 1080p video, and is fast when taking shots with motion.  I found that the motion control was a little off at times, but that can be adjusted I am sure.  This camera has 14 times optical zoom which gives it the ability to take close ups of an object from far away.  The Flash is a little obnoxious as it pops up in an area wheremost people put their hands, however we have gotten used to it.  Picture come out clear, and there is support inside for sd cards up to I believe 32 gb.  The battery is rechargeable so be sure if you are taking loads of pictures to either bring your charger, or buy extra batteries.  This unit has also a special focus option which can focus on certain items in a picture.  This can ultimately create a professional effect on pictures, making them extremely clear.  Nikon made a decent camera with this one, and my wife is happy.  Based on our experiences we recommend this camera.