Great electric dryer.

Mar 25, 2013

Pros:Numerous settings and heat levels
Quiet

Cons:The end of cycle signal is a little quiet.

The Bottom Line: Great dryer! I no longer have to make trips to the laundromat for my large comforter

When we moved about two and a half years ago, we decided we needed to buy a new washer and dryer. We spent lots of time looking for a quality dryer that would be capable of drying our king-sized down comforter. We were looking to spend around $500.

The GE GTDP300EMWS Electric Dryer is great.

Color:
This dryer comes in white.

Size:
This dryer is 7.0 cu feet and is approximately 42 in x 27 in x 28 1/4 in. I have dried pillows, a dog bed, our king-sized comforter, and several other large items without difficulty. The dryer works flawlessless.

Settings:
This dryer has several cycles and several heat settings. The various cycles include: Quick Fluff (no heat), Easy care (with more dry, less dry settings), Timed settings from 10-80 minutes, and settings specifically for cotton (more dry, optimum dry, and less dry settings). The timed drying works great for the larger objects like pillows and blankets. The easy care settings work great for your daily clothing without shrinking anything. Cotton is equivalent to permanent press.

There also are four heat settings: Air fluff (no heat), Delicate (low heat), Easy care (medium heat), and Cotton (regular heat)

Energy useage:
The dryer power useage is T240V,5600W,24A,60Hz This is about average when compared to other dryers in the same price range.

Durability:
Since we've only had the dryer for 2 1/2 years, it is difficult to comment on the durability of it. However, we have not had any problems with the dryer. In addition, it is made of stainless steel.

Unique features:
This dryer is a fairly standard dryer with minimal unique features. The main feature is it's quite-by-design packaging. GE has trademarked a way to make this dryer much quieter than typical dryers.

Overall, this is a great dryer and I would definitely purchase this again.