Fantom Fury Vacuum

Fantom Fury Vacuum

ratings (142 Epinions reviews)

The Fantom Fury - A great Vacuum!

Jan 24, 2001 (Updated Jun 27, 2002)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Strong Sucking Power, Bagless, Easy to use

Cons:a bit of a pain to empty the canister, Attachments don't stay on the vacuum.

The Bottom Line: It works well even on high traffic area carpets. Cleans all the dirt out of the rug and the Hepa filter keeps the junk out of the air.

For Christmas this year one of the gifts my husband and I received was a gift certificate from Target. I was in need of a new vacuum for the downstairs since the one I had been using was a few years old and just didn't pick up the dirt anymore. I do own a Hoover wind tunnel, which I use for my upstairs but I like to have a vacuum on each floor. Making it easy for me. Since we had the gift certificate I figured that would be a great thing to get.

I wanted to stay away from the Hoover wind tunnel vacuums. While it was great in the beginning after about 6 months it started to fizzle out. It still is able to handle my rugs upstairs but would never survive the heavy traffic areas on my downstairs rugs. I went on a mission to research and find out which vacuum was the best. After asking everyone I knew about vacuums and then looking all their suggestions up on epinions I had narrowed my search down to two. One being a Eureka and the other being the Fantom Fury.

Target the store I had to get the vacuum from didn't carry the model of the Eureka that I had wanted so I went with the Fantom Fury. It had gotten quite a good write up here at epinions as well as other review sites. The list price was 199.00 but was marked down as an end of the year special. I was able to get it for 139.00.

After getting it home I took it out of the box and immediately put it together. I was actually excited to vacuum my floor. I was almost like having a new toy to play with. Everything snapped into place easily enough and the directions were clear and a breeze to understand. I had it together in a matter of minutes.

One complaint: The attachment pieces fit on the little holders on the back of the vacuum. I have found that they will not stay there. Every time I would move the vacuum or handle they would fall off. Finally I gave up and just put them on the shelf in the closet. Not a major problem at all just a mild in convince. Now when I need to use one while vacuuming I had to shut off the vacuum and go to the closet to get them. Included with the vacuum were the following attachments:

Floor nozzle
Dusting brush
Crevice tool
Upholstery tool

The vacuum is bagless and sucks the dirt and dust out of the floor with a spinning action. You can see the dirt swirling around in the canister as it is picked up. When I first started using this vacuum I would have to empty the canister after doing just one room. It picks up dust and dirt that you didn't even know was there. Now that I use it on a regular basis there isn't as much to pick up and I don't have to empty the canister as often.

Emptying the canister can be a bit of a chore in itself. It is not the Fury's fault. Any bagless vacuum would be the same. You have to be careful not to pop the canister off to quickly or risk a cloud of dust coming up into your face. Also I try to stick the whole canister in the plastic bag before dumping it to save myself the trouble of having to sweep up any fly away dirt. Then once a week I have to take a damp rag and wipe off the inside of the vacuum, the canister area and the filter from left over dust and debris. Yes this is a bit more work then I had with my old vacuum that had a bag but I find that I like the bagless more. I no longer have to hunt down or buy bags at the store. To be honest it does take a few weeks to get use to the bagless kind but once you do you will love it.

The suction power on the Fury is strong. I find that it easily picks up the fuzz, dirt, dust in just one sweep. No longer do I have to stand there and go back and forth over the same spot like I use to. Now I just turn it on and go. Within minutes I am done my floor and moving on to the next room. In fact the only complaint I have is that is isn't as strong on a bare floor as the carpet but is still does a worthwhile job.

The Fury has a 12-amp motor, a 30-foot cord, and a handle that pops out to be used as a 10-foot hose. The handle is what the attachments are hooked to and it can be stretched to reach into many areas in the home that a vacuum will not fit. The vacuum itself is about average in weight, I do not have any troubles lifting it up to carry into the other room. Although it is heavy enough that I wouldn't want to carry it up steps each day. There is also a light in the base that lights up the floor while you vacuum. Although it's not 100% necessary it does make seeing the dark corners of the floor easier. Attached to the side of the vacuum is the Hepa filter. This is a filter system that will get rid of 99.7 % of the pollutants in your home. Instead of blowing the dust back into your rug and the air it holds them in. The filters can run about 40.00 to replace but you only need to do that once every 12 to 18 months. I figure since you never need to buy bags you will still come out ahead even with the filter purchase.

So far the only bad thing that has happened was that I had to replace the belt. This however was my fault since I accidentally vacuumed over a sneaker and sucked the laces up into the roller. This caused the vacuum to stop and the belt broke. Luckily for me they included 2 extra belts with it so I didn't need to spend any extra cash for my mistake. Putting the new belt on was easy enough. I only needed a Phillips screwdriver to remove the base cover. Once it was off I just slid the belt into place and reattached the cover.

In all I am very satisfied with my Fantom Fury! I will keep my epinion updated over the next few months to say how itís holding up.

UPDATE: 3/20/01
It has been 3 months and the vacuum is still working wonderfully. I have had no problems with it. The canister still pops in easily and I find it to be a great vacuum.

UPDATE 5/21/01
It is still working great! No complaints at all. I really give this vacuum a work out. I use it almost daily. It holds up to the non-gentle workout that I give it. Still doing a great job to suck the deep down dirt out of my rug.

Update 6/2002
Still have the vacuum.. It still works but I can see that it may not last me much longer.. The suction just isn't as strong anymore and it appears to be not holding up to normal wear and tear.
when and if I did need another I probably wouldn't go with this one, although I will stick with the bagless vacuum as that is wonderful!!!

Fantom Hepa Filter For Fantom Fury

Fantom Hepa Filter For Fantom Fury

Fantom HEPA Filter for Fantom Fury Item Description Fantom HEPA Filter for Fantom Fury Feedback Due to the large number of feedback we receive, our au...

Fantom Fury Vacuum Cleaner Belt - 2 Pack

Fantom Fury Vacuum Cleaner Belt - 2 Pack

2 Belts for Fantom Fury upright vacuum cleaner models. #73108
EZVacuum.com

1 Fantom Fury HEPA Filter; Fits the Fantom Fury Vacuum; Part # HRC400, XFM15100, FX-HVF037 & FXHVF037

1 Fantom Fury HEPA Filter. Fits the Fantom Fury Vacuum. Part # HRC400, XFM15100, FX-HVF037 & FXHVF037. Designed & Engineered by Crucial Vacuum. This i...
Fantom Fury HEPA Filter

Fantom Fury HEPA Filter

For Fantom Fury vacuum cleaners.
VacuumsInc.com

5 Belts For Fantom Fury Upright Vacuums

5 Belts For Fantom Fury Upright Vacuums

5 New Belts for Fantom Fury Upright Vacuums Product: Vacuum Belts for Fantom Fury Vacuums Quantity: 5 (Five) Belts Condition: Brand new, unused.Manufa...
Fantom Fury Hepa Replacement Filter

Fantom Fury Hepa Replacement Filter

Endust Microfilter replacement Hoover A vacuum bag (3 Pack)Fantom* Fury* HEPA replacement filter. This 99.97% HEPA filter traps bacteria, pollen, plan...

Dirt Devil Fantom Fury / Regina Vacuum Belt

Dirt Devil Fantom Fury / Regina Vacuum Belt

Vacuum cleaner belt fits all Fantom Fury vacuums and all Regina Upright vacuum cleaners, Advance Power, Ultra, Pro Power, Housekeeper, Plus, Ultra & Q...
Fantom Fury Vacuum Belts 8 Belts And 2 Bulbs

Fantom Fury Vacuum Belts 8 Belts And 2 Bulbs

This is a new replacement belts to fit the Fantom Fury Vacuum cleaner. 8 belts and 2 bulbs. free shipping No light bulbs is being offer at this time. ...

Fantom Fury Ture HEPA Filter - Generic

Fantom Fury Ture HEPA Filter - Generic

Quantity Per Package: 1 Fantom Fury HEPA Filter OEM Part Number: HRC400. Also replaces #kenmore xfm15100 Fits Models: Fury, , FX-HVF037, FXHVF037
EZVacuum.com

2 Fantom Fury Replacement Hepa Filters 73171

2 Fantom Fury Replacement Hepa Filters 73171

bestbyez Store WELCOME TO VACUUM BAG EXPRESS THIS AUCTION IS FOR 2 REPLACEMENT FANTOM FURY HEPA FILTERS THIS HEPA FILTER FITS FANTOM VACUUMS CALLING F...