Linens 'N Things Online Store: Decorating and Organizing with Realistic Prices
Jul 14, 2002 (Updated Jul 14, 2002)
Last month I moved into a new house with extra rooms to fill and decorate. As a result, I spent a lot of time shopping, going through catalogs, and online to find the perfect items at a reasonable cost. I did a key word search on Google.com to under “sports theme bedding”, because I wanted to use a sports theme for my son’s room. I visited several links until I went to Linensandthings.com. I found the bedding that I was going to buy from Bed, Bath and Beyond for a much cheaper price!
There is a Linens and Things (LNT) store located within 10 miles from my home, but had never visited (There are over 350 stores located in the United States). LNT carries several brand names, including: Featured brands include: Croscill, Yaffa, George Forman, Nautica, Cuisinart, Euro Pro, Pfaltzgraff, Wamsutta.
I was pleased to find several categories with different items: The store categories include:
• Bath- Bath Accessories (This includes basic and organization items), personal care items (loofas, shower gel etc.), shower curtains, rugs, towels, and kids bath accessories.
• Bedding Things - This category includes Bed in Bag sets, quilts, sheets, comforters, kids bedding, pillows and other such bedroom accessories (basic and organization items).
• Dining – Barware, Dinnerware, Flatware, Table linens. The quality and variety of lines are very nice. The linens are trendy to traditional, (comparable to Pier 1, Pottery Barn or JC Penney) and very reasonably priced.
• Kitchen – Bakeware, Cutlery, cookware accessories, Small Appliances, Tools & Utensils, bar stools, etc.
• Electrics –Clocks, telephones, microwaves, toasters, coffee makers, irons, vacuums, etc.
• Home Décor- This category includes accent rugs, wall décor, pillows, window treatment and hardware (I found the cutest curtain rods with flowers for my daughter’s room), vases, throws, slip covers, furniture, doormats, candles, picture frames, etc.
• Organization Things – This category has items such a s: cleaning supplies and tools, trash cans, closet organizers, hampers, etc. I love buying this stuff!
• Gift Ideas- You can purchase wedding gifts, gourmet food gifts, animal gifts, etc. You can create or find a gift registry for bridal or house warming gifts.
• There is also a NEW Things link, which will take you to all of the new items on the web site. The web site also includes other items such as :Dorm checklists, shopping checklists, and wedding checklists.
As I mentioned with Dealcatcher.com, Linens and Things seem to frequently have promotional codes or offers on the web. This week, Dealhunting.com has a Linens and Things two different promotional code ($5 off of a $15 purchase, or $20 off $100 or more).
When I made a purchase last week, I received free gift-wrap. (I selected this because it was free, and my son’s birthday was last week, and I thought he would enjoy unwrapping more things, even if it was window treatment). If you select optional Gift Packaging, they ship your item in a white gift box with tissue paper and seal it with a ribbon. I also received a 10% off coupon in my gift box for the next time I shop!
Like many department stores, you can also save 10% by opening a Linens and Things Charge Card. You can also join the LNT mailing list, and get emails of sales, with coupon codes, and printable coupons for the stores!
Shipping and Returns
Linens and Things uses Federal Express for all shipments. I ordered 3 times, and selected the standard shipping method, and received my orders within 3-4 days every time. You can also select shipping upgrades for additional costs. Linens and Things offers free shipping with every order of $150.00, so you do get a break for spending more. Delivery charges are based on the total value of the orders (instead of weight) and range from $5.80 to $11.50 for regular shipping.
Accept returns and exchange at one of their locations within the continental US. (It will help to bring the original packing slip, because without it, you will receive a merchandise exchange or LNT gift Card good for merchandise). All return shipping expenses are paid by LNT. Pre paid return labels are included in the shipping box.
As someone who works for an Internet retailer, I am very picky when it comes to online retail stores. However, I am please to say that my shopping experience with Linens and Things was positive every time. The site is easy to navigate, the prices are reasonable, and it is hassle free shopping. I plan on ordering again soon!