Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel

Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Harrah's Shreveport River Boat Gambling and A Hotel Too

Aug 21, 2002

Pros:Nice place to enjoy a night out

Cons:Location is hard to get too.

The Bottom Line: I can recommend the Casino for it's friendly staff and great games. The Hotel is beautiful and I can't wait to stay there myself.

This review was originally placed under Shreveport, before there was a place for Harrah's Hotel and Casino reviews. I have moved it here to this category since it does cover the Casino.

I live only about 30 miles from the border of Texas and Louisiana. It provides my husband and I a great place to go and enjoy Riverboat Gaming at its best. We don't go every day or once a month, but try to get away to the Riverboat at least every couple of months.

Harrah's Riverboat and gaming facility in Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana is a nice place to go for your gaming fun

Harrah's Riverboat is located on the Red River in the heart of downtown Shreveport. This gives you the opportunity to not only spend some time gaming, but to also see some of the great sites in downtown Shreveport. A few examples are the Botanical Gardens, many museums and the I-Max Theater.

The Riverboat Itself

You will be able to fulfill all of your gaming needs on this 19th Century Paddlewheel boat. This wonderful casino offers three stories of fun for you. My husband and I really enjoy Harrah's and the room you have for gaming. This boat is often crowded around the 1st and last of the month, due to paydays falling around that time. This riverboat is very clean and well decorated on the inside. There is plenty of security and the outside of the boat is well lit. There seems to always be people on the street and we always feel comfortable coming to and leaving the Casino

The Games

This floating casino houses over 1,100 slots and these are nicknamed the loosest slots in Shreveport. We have always been able to find a slot machine to play due to the large number of machines that this casino has. You will find quarter, dollar, five dollar and even twenty-five dollar slot machines. I always stick to the quarter and dollar machines. I have never won a big jackpot, but I sure have a lot of fun trying. My husband on the other hand likes to choose from the 30 table games. Some of his favorites include, Caribbean Stud Poker, Black Jack, Craps and Roulette. We both tend to go our separate ways and meet every so often to see if either are winning. The dealers, wait staff and security guards are all very friendly and will answer any questions you may have. We are never without our free drinks, the wait staff here really takes care of you.

Restaurants

We have never eaten at this casino, but they do offer you places to eat. They have a 24 hour cafe named the Star Cafe where you can always get soup, salad and sandwiches. Harrah's also offers a nice steak house for your dining while at the casino.

Rewards Program

Harrah's offers a reward program called Total Rewards. With this program you are rewarded each time you play games at the Casino. This reward program has three levels, they are Total Gold, Total Platinum and Total Diamond. Each one of these levels offers you different privileges at this casino. We don't play enough here to earn many rewards, you really must spend a lot of time playing to earn the really good rewards in this program.

The Hotel

Harrah's Hotel opened in 2001. There are gift shops, places to shop and more restaurants. The Hotel is a great asset to the outside look of the area and is clean and well taken care of. We have never spent the night so I can't tell you about their rooms, but we have walked through the hotel area and it is clean and the staff were all very friendly.

Overall

Harrah's will definitely offer you a safe and fun place for all of your gaming fun. You will find a staff of friendly and helpful people. My husband really enjoys some of the dealers at the table games, he says a dealer can make or break a table and the dealers at Harrah's make it a great place for table games. If you are planning on visiting Shreveport/Bossier City, LA and enjoy gaming, be sure and visit Harrah's. Bring some money with you and get ready for a great time! Just remember you must be 21 years of age to enjoy your time in the casino.