Comments on Wall Street Journal: The Leader in Financial News" (4 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
price
by justbalance

Excellent news content but beware their consumer abuse

The initial price is $119 annually but it changes to quarterly after one/two year (depending on their

choice). The issue is you won't be able to notice when they start charging quarterly ($440). Let me

explain why.

You will have hard time find out when your credit card is getting charged 3 months earlier (online

does not show payment history more than 3 months and most likely you will loose the paper copy).

The quarterly charge is $119 or very close so you would think that you are paying the same price.

(your mind will never believe that they could charge 4 times higher without clearly telling you). YES

they would abuse your credit card number they have in their possession. you won't be able to change

or remove the credit card number online for future use, unless you call (only way) to stop the

subscription.

Their service team is extremely rude when you explain them how you got abused. They will blame on how

the system is setup and the advertising firm informed you by mail/email what they charge you will not get a chance to explain this to any management level.

FUNNY !!! right? when the paper will talk about all the corruption done by Enron.
May 28, 2010
8:48 am PDT

Excellent news content but beware their consumer abuse
by justbalance

explain why.

subscription.

May 28, 2010
8:45 am PDT

The WSJ is clearly "must" reading for anyone in business.....
by NFP
...and/or for anyone who wants to stay on top of biz-related news and trend stories. It is also one of only three truly "national" newspapers -- the New York Times being the other indispensible one, and USA Today being the truly disposable one.

But I'm not as sure as you that the WSJ is clearly the best in its class. I find the daily Financial Times to be an increasingly interesting and useful publication, and now that the WSJ has jazzed up its offerings with more features and trend sections, the FT often covers hard biz news better than the Journal.

I'm also increasingly frustrated by the WSJ's editorial stance; I grant it the right to be the seminal voice of Big Business and neo-conservativism. But I find its tone increasingly strident and removed from reality. Even its op-ed section -- which has a tradition of allowing dissident voices from the moderate center and left top be heard -- seems to have become an increasingly monotone right-channel newsfeed rather than a reflection of full spectrum sound.

I rely on it daily because I respect its nameplate, and because I must; I like it less and less. I find myself spending more time of late with the FT and The Economist, and with online services like Hoover's and Bloomberg.

Excellent post, regardless.

nick
Sep 4, 2002
10:44 am PDT

Very Informative
by rfish
as always. Enjoyed reading the article.

Great Review!