General Electric Hand Held 40 Channel CB Transceiver

General Electric Hand Held 40 Channel CB Transceiver

ratings (1 Epinions review)

GE 40 Channel Citizen Band Radio

Sep 29, 2002

Pros:A good radio for a very good price.

Cons:It's bulky and dosn't feature a belt clip.

The Bottom Line: The GE Hand Held CB is a good buy for the money, its fully functional and an indispensable travel tool. If size matters try a smaller model.

***SUMMARY***
The GE Hand Held CB is a useful tool when driving on the highway or just to keep in touch with friends. This radio has 40 channels on witch you may talk, all with fairly good reception; depending on the geographical location you are in.

This radio also has the capability to scan the emergency channel (9) and the highway channel (19). The manual claims that you can catch these channels but I have had no luck from within New York. But I was able to catch NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration) broadcasts from most places, but that's because they transmit their info from high powered towers. The information is updated every hour or so.

But the one down side to this radio and most CBs is the size, this radio is bulky and has a big antenna. I ended up purchasing a bigger one for better range. But I do need to mention that it is well built and able to withstand quite a beating.

I have taken this radio to work in order to give directions to my delivery cars that often get lost in areas where cellular service is cut off, I found that the CB was an indispensable tool. I was able to keep track of my drivers and keep them on the right track. I now installed the more expensive radios with a separate base and speaker attachment for better range and durability.

The final point I would like to touch on is the battery use, this unit uses 8 double a batteries, they do last a while but if you use the radio frequently you will find the car adapter helpful.

***FEATURES AND DESCRIPTIONS***
40 Channels - Gives you the ability to choose from 40 channels that you can talk on.

Low Battery Indicator - Tells you when the batteries are low

Ear Phone Jack - Gives you the ability to listen through ear phones

Flexible Antenna - This antenna is hard to brake, but it is quite long.

Car Adapter - Gives you the ability to power the unit from your cigarette lighter.

Large Talk Button - Helpful because small talk buttons can give you quite the finger ache after a while of use.

High/Lo Power Output - I'm not sure what this feature is for but there is a switch and jack for power output.

Hand Strap - Not a very useful idea, a belt clip would be much better. I ended up buying a cell phone glue on clip for it.

***NOTES***
If you need a simple radio to keep in touch with family members you might want to try an FRS radio, the range is shorter but the units are more compact and easier to use. FRS radios also feature security codes to block unwanted guests on your channel, CB radios do not have that feature.
--+--+--
For a large list of Base and Hand Held CB radios please visit:
--+--+--
This unit comes with the following accessories:
1)Manual
2)Car Adapter
3)The Radio

Hand Held Electric Rope Cutter
Electric Hand Held Bottle Capping Machine+ Spring Balancer+ 4 Silicon Rubber Pad

220V Hand Held Bottle Capping Machine Suits for all kinds of the h igh strength bottle caps capping working. Could be used in North American house vol...

3-1/4 Hand Held Electric Wood Planer Power Planing Door Woodworking W/2 Blades

3-1/4 Hand Held Electric Wood Planer Power Planing Door Woodworking W/2 Blades

3-1/4 Hand Held Electric wood Planer Power Planing Door Woodworking w/2 Blades Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size....

Miller Electric 249954 Hand Held Torch,60a

Miller Electric 249954 Hand Held Torch,60a

Hand Held Torch, 60A, Plasma, For Use With Miller Spectrum 875, Includes Complete Set of Consumables
Zoro

Powerful Electric Wood Planer Door Plane Hand Held Woodworking Power Surface

Powerful Electric Wood Planer Door Plane Hand Held Woodworking Power Surface

(1) 3 1/4 Electric Planer This listing is for (1)3 1/4 Electric Planer Our Product Ships Quick!! Description This electric planer runs on 110 Volt pow...

General Electric Size 4 Contacts

General Electric Size 4 Contacts

General Electric size 4 contacts

New Powerful Electric Wood Planer Door Plane Hand Held Woodworking Power Surface