Toastmaster 1115 Chopster Mini Food Chopper Toastmaster 1115 Chopster Mini Food Chopper

Toastmaster 1115 Chopster Mini Food Chopper

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Chop, chop, chop away with the Toastmaster Chopster!

Oct 13, 2002

Pros:not expensive, chops well, small capacity, lightweight

Cons:cannot chop everything, limited quantities chopped

The Bottom Line: Perfect chopster for a single user.

Toastmaster, a brand that has been around for awhile, but not a brand that has been well advertised or sold. But I think that they manufacture well-made and reliable products. Hopefully others will see this also, and opt for these up and coming products as I have never had a problem with the few Toastmaster products that I own.

CHOPSTER FOOD CHOPPER
Opening the box, I found a stylish mini food chopper that would look good on my counter. I seriously hate square utilitarian products that sit on my counters looking like an ugly beast. This chopper was basic, stylish, and cute. The white base sits on the counter with the bowl fitting right inside. The big gray button on the top is depressed to make the blades do their job. Basic? Yes, but far from ordinary.

~ Push Button Operation.
~ Large 1-cup capacity.
~ Removable stainless steel blades.
~ Safety Lock-In Lid
~ Dishwasher safe.
~ Skid resistant feet located on bottom of base.

What is wonderful about this chopster? So many things could be included here. It’s easy to use. You simply put your cut food into chopping bowl, close the lid making sure it is locked into place, and push the button. Walla!

There is also a short cord with this chopster. I love short cords. I cannot stand when the cord is fifty feet long and trails all over my countertop. It’s ugly, annoying, and quite simply a nuisance. This product also comes with a polarized plug, which help reduce the risk of receiving an electrical shock when using this chopster.

Even though the product states that it has a 1-cup capacity, I have found that you can put up to 1 -cups of food products into the bowl without overflowing or ruining your blades with the weight. The only drawback that I see with this chopper is that you must slice some your food items into smaller pieces to fit into the chopper. If you have larger quantities to process, you will obviously have to do several batches.

Before using for the first time, I would recommend that you wash this product, even though it comes wrapped in plastic. But it takes no time to immerse the blade, lid, and bowl in hot water...just to make sure it is clean. Dry thoroughly after this. The chopster is really easy to put back together after cleaning. You simply place the bowl on the base with the blade inside of the bowl. Line up the tabs with the notches in the base and twist the bowl into it’s secure position. The blade gets place into the bowl, over the drive shaft. The lid then gets placed on top of the bowl, also rotating to slide the locking tab into the lid-locking slot located on the base. The lid should click into place. If not, you will not be able to operate the chopster.

PRECAUTIONS
Just your basic warnings of hazards:
~ Not for use by children.
~ Do not immerse base in water.
~ Chopster not designed for processing liquids.
~ Avoid contact with the motorized blades.
~ Be sure that all pieces are correctly in their place before operating.
~ Unplug when not in use or when taking apart.
~ Do not place near or on a hot gas or electric burner.

SOME CHOPPABLE FOODS

~ radishes
~ garlic
~ onion

FINAL THOUGHTS
Years ago when my grandmother was visiting one time, she decided that my mother needed one of these. My grandmother had a mini copper and was flabbergasted that my mother didn’t. She hated those monstrous food processors that they had out and always turned to her mini chopper to get the job done. So off she went to the store, and came home with one of these choppers for my mom. My mom loved it so much over the years that she bought me my very own Toastmaster Chopster Food Chopper when I move into my first apartment some years back.

I still have the chopper to this day and love it. This chopster is easy to use and easy to clean. The bowl, blade and lid are dishwasher safe. You only need to wipe down the motor base with a damp cloth and it comes clean. It’s small and compact with a short cord. This allows for easy storage either on your counter, cabinet, or pantry without taking up too much space. It’s inexpensive enough to fit anyone’s budget and is useful enough to get your money’s worth.

My most favorite food to chop in the chopster is onions! I really hate to cry over chopping onions and simply use this chopster to chop them instead. This way, I don’t get all misty eyed. Chopping only takes from 3-5 seconds per batch, so your food will be ready quicker! I myself hate to chop vegetables for a stir-fry or salad because it takes so long. Instead I just stick my items into this little chopper and I have a salad prepared just in minutes. You know those chocolate chip cookies that you bake? But hate to chop up all those walnuts to include in the cookies. I simply put my walnuts into the chopper, depress the button for 3-5 seconds depending on how small I want the pieces, and I’m done.

Here’s a little recipe to use with your chopper:

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

~ Cream cup softened butter or margarine. Gradually add cup granulated sugar and cup light brown sugar, creaming well until blended.
~ Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg.
~ Stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, teaspoon salt, and teaspoon of baking soda.
~ Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, blending them together well.
~ Stir in 1 cup white chocolate chips and cup chopped Macadamia nuts.
~ Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
~ Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
~ Allow to cool on wire racks.

It was surprising to discover that this chopster came with a 3-year guarantee. Usually, kitchen products come with a 1-year guarantee only. This is another reason that I like Toastmaster products.

Overall, I would have to recommend this Toastmaster Chopster Food Chopper. I have had no problems with mine over the years and have found it easy to use, reliable, and convenient.

~ Happy Chopping!

Kim

This review is part of the HG Payoff. This is a celebratory review of the freedom granted to the Eps kids, thanks to the valiant rescue efforts of the Books/Magazines/Newspaper Editors and Top Reviewers.

Check out the challenge here: