Quicken.com

Quicken.com

ratings (24 Epinions reviews)

Free stock and asset evaluation

Jan 8, 2000 (Updated Apr 13, 2000)

• Customer Service:
  • Content Timeliness:
  • Web Site Experience:
  • Information Depth:
  • Web Site Load Time:

Pros:Stock evaluation, portfolio analysis, download to quicken

Cons:no real-time quote, no portfolio mutual fund news

Quicken.com's stock evaluation and portfolio analysis make it stand out of other other financial sites. I use Quicken.com as the primary investment tracking tool for more than one year because it contains more bells and whistles that I need than other financial sites. Unfortunately, it is not the best in all aspects, so I still need to visit other sites for some information.

Quicken.com provides most of the functions you can find in other financial sites, such as portfolio tracking, chart, price quote, and fundamental info. The follows are some nice features that I did not find in other financial sites. Stock evaluation allows you to compare
growth trend, financial health, management performance, market multiples, and intrinsic values of several stocks. Portfolio analysis tells you very detailed data about asset allocation and diversification of your portfolio.You can download the online portfolio information on Quicken.com to the Quicken program on your computer to save you a lot of typing and book keeping. When you check a quote of any stock/mutual fund, it offers you to add the stock into your portfolio with only two clicks, which I feel very convenient.

Quicken.com does not provide real-time quote. Only 20-minute-delay quote is available. This is generally adequate for daily price checking, but real-time quote is necessary when you trade stocks. Most online brokers offer real-time quote but you need to have accounts with them and you have to login every time. ALTA VISTA OFFERS FREE UNLIMITED REAL-TIME QUOTE FOR EVERYONE WHO REGISTERS, AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOGIN BEFORE USING.

Quicken.com's portfolio news is as good as Yahoo's. If you create a portfolio with "my.yahoo.com", it will keep track of all news of your stocks AND MUTUAL FUND. Quicken.com only keeps track stock news, but not mutual fund news. Quicken.com does not update news as often as Yahoo, either.

The bottom line is Quicken.com is a very useful financial supersite, but I wish I can get everything here.