Meyer "Permaglide Pro"

Jun 7, 2000

Several years ago I purchased a set of Meyer "Permaglide Pro" cookware from JC Penny that came with a 10 year limited guarantee. I chose the Meyer brand primarily because they happen to be one of the largest manufacturers of high quality cookware (Anolon). And after doing some research and comparison shopping, I made the decision to buy the "Permaglide Pro," which happened to be on sale for under $100. I am happy to report that my non-stick set of pots and pans have held up beautifully for the past four years, and look as good as the day they were taken out of their box.

My nine piece cookware set came with two frying pans, two sauce pans and a large pot and four tempered glass lids. The hard anodized nonstick cookware has a dimpled "high-low" surface that has provided an excellent non-stick cooking surface. All the handles and knobs are made of stainless steel, and I must say, has the look of a more expensive set. I have mine hanging from a decorative iron pot rack in my kitchen, and constantly get complements from guests. I take good care of my set, being careful to never wash them in the dishwasher. But I do a lot of cooking, and use each piece regularly.

The following are some of the features that may help determine if this set is right for you as well:

1. Hard Anodized nonstick surface with "hi-low," dimpled surface.

2. Heavy gauge aluminum helps spread heat evenly.

3. Stainless steel handles and knobs which stay cool to the touch.

4. Tempered glass lids for see-through convenience and snug fit.

5. Nonstick feature to reduce fat intake. It's really nonstick, and works great even four years later!

The only complaint I have had over the years has been the fact that I cannot wash them in the dishwasher, due to the alkaline detergent. Thankfully, clean-ups are quick and easy. Although this set is one of the more inexpensive ones out there, it's been a pleasure to work with. I've seen this same set on sale at Macy's too.

Location: California
About Me: Suzi is an aspiring travel writer who enjoys scuba diving and volleyball.