Sunbeam Electric Blanket With a Brain IQ2 Sunbeam Electric Blanket With a Brain IQ2

Sunbeam Electric Blanket With a Brain IQ2

ratings (1 Epinions review)

I sleep with a Brain!

Mar 25, 2000

Pros:Keeps you comfortable all night long

Cons:Does not do a good job of "pre-warming"

It took a long time, but finally I am sleeping with a brain. I am, of course, talking about my Sunbeam electric Blanket with a Brain IQ2.

If you have read any of my other reviews, you know I am loathe to give up any of my old appliances or household goods. I felt the same about my electric blanket. It had served me well for years. But there comes a time….

How To Know It’s Time To Replace Your Old Blanket

1. If you notice “hot spots. (Parts of the blanket heat higher than others)
2. If the blanket is frayed.
3. If the blanket has lumps.
4. If the blanket is older than you are.

In my case, my old blanket started heating unevenly. Parts of the bed would be comfy, while others were hot enough to blister the skin.

Although Sunbeam has been the leader in the manufacture of electric blankets for over 50 years, it is only in the last 10 years that great advances have been made.

What Are The Changes?

Sunbeam has developed a new type of heating system utilizing carbon-based polymer wiring. This wiring provides more consistent heating that is not affected by bunching or the use of a top blanket. They have also incorporated a Personal Monitoring system that monitors your body’s temperature through out the night.

“So what?” you ask. Well, in easy to understand terms, if your feet are cold, this blanket is smart enough to know that and will automatically send more heat to the area of your feet. It senses changes in your body, bed and room temperature and sends warmth only where it’s needed. No wasted energy.

The blanket is easy to care for. It is safe to machine-wash and tumble dry. It comes in sizes Twin through King, but only the Queen and King sizes have dual controls for individual settings. The lighted dials have 22 temperature settings. The blanket is lightweight and you no longer feel the wiring. It is available in 5 colors and comes with a 5 year warranty.

The only complaint I have is minor. It does not pre-warm the bed as well as my old blanket did. Since the new technology relies on your body heat, when you are not actually in bed yet, it does not “know” what part of the bed to warm. Once you’re in bed, it does not take the Brain long to make any adjustments in temperature. Judging by how comfortable I am all night, the IQ2 must be at genius level.

I highly recommend the Sunbeam Blanket with a Brain as the perfect bed partner.