Why we don't immunize anymore and hope you won't either.

Jul 20, 2000 (Updated Aug 1, 2000)

The whole concept of NOT immunizing our children was very new to us until about 6 months ago. It had never occurred to me not to do it and I was, like many others, under the impression that I had no choice. Well, several months later, after tons of research, I now firmly stand against immunizations.

We keep our children away from other sick children and adults. We do everything in our power to keep them from catching a virus and then turn around and inject one directly into their bloodstream. How much sense does this really make? I pray that, after reading this editorial, you will realize that it doesn't make any sense at all.

In 1979, when Japan banned immunizations before the age of two, SIDS virtually disappeared as did infantile convulsions. They also recorded the lowest infant mortality rate in the world. In 1988m, when vaccines dropped by 50% in Australia, SIDS was reduced by the exact same percentage. Sweden also has a very low infant mortality rate where vaccines are never administered to infants. The United States, ranks 20th in infant mortality despite our advanced health care and living conditions.

According to the NVIC (National Vaccine Information Center), there are more than 12,000 official reports of vaccine related injuries every year. They also admit that only about 10% of doctors file such reports. That means that there could be as many as 120,00 cases each year. The government is well aware of the risks and even set up a fund in 1986 to compensate victims of immunizations. As of August 1997, over $800 million had been paid out from this fund.

The manufacturer's product insert for the DPT vaccine warns that it has been followed by death (SIDS), severe neurological complications, encephalopathy (inflammation of the brain), and other "minor" reactions. An FDA sponsored study estimated that 1,000 babies die each year from the DPT vaccine. Even more alarming, is the estimated number of children with permanent neurological damage, 11,000-12,000. Still, doctors maintain that there is no link between immunizations and SIDS.

According to the NVIC the vaccine for pertussis (the "P" in DPT) "is 100 times more deadly than the disease". It also only occurs in 3 to 4 year cycles killing about 10 people in the year that is appears. Diptheria (the "D") appears even more infrequently. Tetanus (the "T") can be avoided all together with proper cleaning and bandaging of the wound. When you compare the number of cases of each of these diseases with the number of infants who die from the vaccine for these diseases, is it really worth the risk?

Now, you may be saying the reason it doesn't exist is because of the vaccine. Actually, history shows that most vaccines were introduced on the downside of the epidemic. What does that mean? It means that the diseases would have disappeared on their own. Small-pox and polio disappeared at about the same time from countries where the vaccines weren't administered as they did from the countries where they were. Polio cases declined 47% in the U.S. and 55% in England BEFORE the vaccine was introduced. Additionally, the bubonic plague, scarlet fever, cholera and several other epidemics disappeared from the world without a vaccine.

Now, you may be thinking, well we still have cases of polio and other diseases. The primary cause of these cases is the vaccine itself. In fact, the government banned the small-pox vaccine for just this reason. Dr. Salk, the developer of the original polio vaccine, actually warned a Senate subcommittee in 1976 that the current live polio vaccine was the principal if not the sole cause of the 140 polio cases reported since 1961 and that the risk of getting the disease from the vaccine was greater than getting it from the virus itself.

What are vaccines supposed to do? Well, they introduce a weakened version of a virus into the body so that it can build up an immunity to it should it ever meet the full strength version later on. It's nice in theory, but it doesn't work in real life. Viruses mutate and change. Depending on the vaccine, up to 50% of those administered the vaccine get the disease anyway and it takes them considerably longer to fight it than those who were never immunized against it.

Why? Simply put, the introduction of the vaccine into the body causes the body to build up an army of defenses against something it will never encounter. Once the body meets the real virus, it must build up an entirely new army and it has already been weakened by the weaker version. It runs along the same lines as overuse of antibiotics. The body isn't allowed to defend itself against the actual virus so it becomes weaker and then when faced with the real deal, it takes longer to fight it.

What's the answer? Don't immunize. Do you have to? NO! The government and schools would like you to believe you have to immunize, but the fact is that if they made it truly mandatory, they would have to pay out a lot more to victims of immunizations. All states have exemptions of some sort, but they vary. You can get medical exemptions, religious exemptions or just personal preference exemptions. Check with your state to determine which ones are available to you.

I could add tons more data supporting my stand on immunizations, but it would make more sense for you to read the many books available on the subject.

Vaccination: The medical Assault on the Immune System
How to Raise a Healthy Child...in Spite of You Doctor
Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Healthy?
Vaccinations: Deception & Tragedy

I truly hope that this has given you a glimpse of the dangers that vaccinations pose and that you will research it more as I have. As parents, we are ultimately responsible for the health and well-being of our children. No, it's not the easy track, but as our government becomes increasingly more invasive, we must take a stand to protect our children ourselves.

Member: Casandria
Location: Garland, TX
About Me: I'm now taking a break from my book!