Write for the Good of a Charity Promotion
"Write for the Good of a Charity Promotion" Official Rules
By participating in this promotion, you agree to these official rules:
1. ENTRY. You can participate in the "Write for the Good of a Charity" Promotion by complying with the following rules:
Submit a review to Epinions.com beginning July 1, 2010 (12:01 AM Pacific time) through July 31, 2010 (11:59 Pacific time). Epinions.com will donate $1.00 (One US Dollar) for each qualifying review written and submitted pursuant to these rules. At the end of the Promotion, Epinions.com will donate the total earnings to Cancer Research. The Submission Period is open from July 1,2010 (12:01 AM Pacific time) until July 31, 2010 (11:59 PM Pacific time) or when five thousand (5,000) Reviews are received, whichever comes first.
Your review(s) must by greater than twenty (20) words, it must be new, and it must be rated "Show," "Somewhat Helpful," "Helpful," or "Very Helpful." The review(s) must be submitted on a product or service within the Epinions.com database that displays a "write a review" link. This includes newly added products in Epinions.com's database. Editorials, message board posts, buying guides, comments about Epinions.com, member advice, and the writer's corner are not included and cannot be a "qualifying review."
At the time Epinions.com validates entries (periodically throughout the promotion, but in all cases by some time shortly following the end of the submission period) the number of each qualifying review (in Epinions.com's sole discretion) will be totaled and Epinions.com will donate the appropriate dollar amount to the designated charities after the close of the promotion.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To participate, you must legally reside in the 50 United States and be 18 years of age or older when entering. You must not violate any terms of The User Agreement or Usage Policy. The "Write for the Good of a Charity" is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. DISCLAIMERS. Communications between you and Epinions.com (including your participation in the promotion, Epinions.com's notification of results or your response to such notification) may be affected by many factors, including technological failures, and may be lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible or otherwise undeliverable. Epinions.com can only process communications it actually receives on time. Should any communication problems affect your participation in the promotion you accept that Epinions.com is not liable for such problems. IN NO EVENT SHALL EPINIONS.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). Epinions.com cannot ensure that its website will be operational or will operate error-free.
4. PROMOTION INTEGRITY. You may not use an automated process to submit multiple entries, and Epinions.com may void all entries submitted from entrants who use such processes. You will be disqualified if you attempt to manipulate, interfere or tamper with the entry process or promotion administration. Epinions.com intends to report any unlawful activity to law enforcement authorities. Epinions.com may cancel or modify the "Write for the Good of a Charity Promotion" if Epinions.com, in its sole discretion, for any reason, including if Epinions.com believes that the integrity of the "Write for the Good of a Charity Promotion" has been compromised in any way.
5. GENERAL. All disputes and interpretations will be made in the sole discretion of Epinions.com. Epinions.com may reasonably change the rules at any time. This promotion may be ended at any time. This agreement is governed by California laws as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. This agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement with respect to this Promotion.