|Home > Member Center > News Archive|
2009 Gift Ideas for the Holiday Season Write-Off
By participating in this Write-Off, you agree to these official rules:
1. ENTRY. You can enter the Write-Off in one of two ways.
First, you can submit an essay to Epinions.com between November 1, 2009 (12:01 AM Pacific time) and November 30, 2009 (11:59 PM Pacific time). To qualify:
Your essay must be submitted to the 2009 Holiday Gift Ideas Topic Page.
* Your essay must contain at least 100 words and have an overall rating of "Very Helpful" or "Helpful" or "Somewhat Helpful". Express reviews are not eligible.
To complete the submission of your essay as a Write-Off entry, you must register the essay before the end of the submission period.
* You need to register your essay if you want it to count as an entry. Essays that meet the above criteria but are not properly registered will not be considered as entries.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
* Second, you can print the words "2009 Gift Ideas for the Holiday Season Write-Off" and your name and address on a postcard and mail it to 2009 Gift Ideas for the Holiday Season Write-Off, Epinions.com, 8000 Marina Blvd., 5th floor, Brisbane, CA 94005. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2009 and received by December 7, 2009 to be eligible, and mail-in entries not on postcards (such as in envelopes) are invalid and will be discarded. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A maximum total of (1) essay can be submitted per participant to qualify. Each essay on this topic after that will not qualify for the sweepstakes. In your essay, you can link to product reviews you have written on Epinions that are relevant to great gift ideas for the holiday season.
2. DRAWING. Epinions.com will select winners by random drawing from all qualified entries. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries.
Potential winners will be notified by email. If you are selected as a potential winner, your prize award is conditioned on Epinions.com receiving a complete and executed eligibility affidavit, liability release and publicity release from you within 14 days of mailing date; if Epinions.com does not receive those documents in that time period, irrespective of cause, you will no longer be eligible and an alternate winner will be selected.
3. PRIZES. Epinions.com will select 10 winners:
* Each winner will receive $25 in eRoyalties.
Winners are solely responsible for paying any taxes or other expenses associated with prizes. Epinions.com will report prize values to taxing authorities if required by applicable law. Prizes may not be transferred, and limit one prize per person.
4. ELIGIBILITY. To enter, you must legally reside in the 50 United States and be over 18 years when entering. You are ineligible if you are an employee of or consultant to Epinions.com or its affiliates and suppliers (or if you are an immediate family member of, or live in the same household as, one of those individuals). The Write-Off is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
5. DISCLAIMERS. Communications between you and Epinions.com (including your entry, Epinions.com's notification of winning or your response to such notification) may be affected by many factors, including technological failures, and may be lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible or otherwise undeliverable. Epinions.com can only process communications it actually receives on time. Should any communication problems affect your Write-Off participation or opportunity to win or claim a prize, you accept that Epinions.com is not liable for such problems. IN NO EVENT SHALL EPINIONS.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WRITE-OFF (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). Epinions.com cannot ensure that its website will be operational or will operate error-free.
6. PROMOTION INTEGRITY. You may not use an automated process to submit multiple entries, and Epinions.com may void all entries submitted from entrants who use such processes. You will be disqualified if you attempt to manipulate, interfere or tamper with the entry process or Write-Off administration. Epinions.com intends to report any unlawful activity to law enforcement authorities. Epinions.com may cancel or modify the Write-Off if Epinions.com, in its sole discretion, believes that the Write-Off's integrity has been compromised.
7. WINNERS LIST. You may request a Write-Off winner's list by sending a postcard with your return address to: 2009 Gift Ideas for the Holiday Season Write-Off Winner's List, Epinions.com, 8000 Marina Blvd., 5th floor, Brisbane, CA 94005. Such requests must be received within 30 days following the Write-Off's end.
8. GENERAL. This agreement is governed by California laws as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. This agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement with respect to this Write-Off.