A Great Mix of Her Music Throughout Her Career

Dec 27, 2000

Pros:Great mixture of songs.

Cons:Too much talking in the CD and the duets were not very good

I have always enjoyed Streisand's music. This CD gives you a mix of songs from the start of her career to the present. Broadway music, Funny Girl music, etc. shows the start of her career. Their are sample from movies that she has done - The Way We Were, Main Event, Yentil, etc. She has selected her popular songs and songs that have sentiment to her and the CD is wonderful. The CD also has Shirley McLaine on it talking with Streisand - which the CD really good have done without. It didn't add anything to the CD. Also, she does a sample of duets that she has done with other singers - Dion, Diamond, Gibbs, Garland, etc. I am sure that at the concert, these clips were good, but they did not add anything to the CD. They didn't have the whole duet, but just a mixture of all of the duets and it wasn't that interesting on the CD.

Timeless contains 2 CD's of her New Year's Eve 2000 concert and I enjoyed the first CD more than the 2nd. The first had more of her popular songs. If you like Streisand - whether you are a big fan or not, you will enjoy these CD's. Her music is very uplifting and when she counts down the New Year on the CD, it makes you wish that you had been at the concert.