First Gary Moore song that I heard

Jul 14, 2000 (Updated Jul 14, 2000)

Pros:Great guitar. terrific sound. Multi-talented musician

Cons:None from this lover of music!

I was riding around one day listening to my favorite classic rock station in Tampa/St. Petersburg about 1 1/2 years ago and heard a song that I had never heard before. Now, I'm a classic rock/blues/guitar fan from way back. I had to crank this song as loud as my speakers could stand! It happened to be "Still Got the Blues" by Gary Moore. It ended too soon for me, and I had to find out more about him! I bought a few of his albums, went into a pleasurable trance while listening to "As the Years Go Passing By"....was absolutely thrilled when I heard "Parisienne Walkways" (Not on this album, but you have to hear it!). I can't get enough of his extraordinary guitar style and his smooth mellow voice that adds just the right touch to his music.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that he was a former member of Thin Lizzy,
Skid Row, contributed to songs by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Rod Argent, Gary Boyle, George Harrison (with The Traveling Wilburys), Gregg Lake and others!

This man has a talent for the blues that is comparable to Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Albert King and Eric Clapton all rolled into one. As a matter of fact, he has recorded with BB King, Albert King, Albert Collins and others. His rendition of the tribute to Albert King, titled "King of the Blues" will allow you to see where he got his inspiration. What an extraordinary guitar master this man is!

I have always heard that to play the blues properly, you had to live the blues. In other words, if your heart was hurting, it shows in your music. If that is the case, Gary Moore has spent his whole life with his heart hurting, but I know better because he started out with hard rock guitar. But blues is definitely his forte.

He is very versatile in his style, which makes me think he could play anything, anywhere, anytime. "All Your Love" is a combination of blues and rock. "Oh Pretty Woman" is in a Stevie Ray Vaughn style with a twist. An excellent track! "Texas Strut" is a dance number if I've ever heard one! But my favorite on this CD is the title track, "Still Got the Blues". You can hear the midi on my homepage, but it doesn't do justice to this song. All in all, this man is so very talented that I'm surprised that every guitar aficionado doesn't have all of his albums.

Track listing:
9) Midnight Blues
10) That Kind Of Woman
11) All Your Love
12) Stop Messin' Around

You don't have to trust my opinion on this artist. Just go to your local music store and listen to a few of his tracks. It will be well worth the trip and the time spent. He puts more feeling into his music than most musicians can only hope for.

This is great music for anytime.