They just want money...that's allJan 25, 2000 Write an essay on this topic.
I enjoy movies...I really do. I'm sure there are a lot of people that love movies, but the 90s just had some of the worst films ever made.
1. BATMAN AND ROBIN--I never really was a big fan of Batman, but after reading the comics, watching the cartoon, and even taking a quick glance at the 60s TV show...I figured that Warner Brothers could make something good out of this super hero. I really didn't care for any of the Batman movies except for the first one with Jack Nicholson. If it weren't for Jack, I don't know if I would have liked the movie. Batman and Robin proved to be a hideous attempt at making an action flick. I always remembered Batman to be dark, but with the bright colors and the farfetched story line I just couldn't take this 4th installment of the series. The acting was horrible and a waste of such talents as George Clooney and Uma Thurman. Arnold was that great in it either. The story was horrible and VERY annoying. I was so bored watching this movie...Alicia Silverstone didn't do anything for me even in her tight Batgirl suit. I give this movie 1 1/2 stars out four.
2. THE AVENGERS--Well, another comic book movie adaptation that hits rock bottom. This was a horrible and very boring action movie...as are my reviews. This movie reminded me so much of the above mentioned movie. Uma Thurman and Sean Connery were wasted in this movie about controlling the weather at a high cost. I almost feel asleep watching this...actually, I did fall asleep. The special effects were okay, but the story seemed to come from that of a child. A very dumb movie...I give it 1 1/2 stars.
3. MORTAL KOMBAT: ANNIHILATION--I like video games...but like they say...you can't make a movie from a video game(Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon). This was the sequel to the 1995 hit Mortal Kombat. Three of Earth's greatest fighters battle a horde of monsters and warrior ninjas from another dimension. The first one wasn't all that good either, but the sequel was horrible. It reminded me of the Power Rangers. The special effects were horrible...that acting was definitely horrible. The only actors to return were Talisa Soto and Robin Shou. Highlander's Christopher Lambert didn't even bother returning to reprise his role. That was left for B-movie actor James Remar. The story skipped around and some of the characters in the movie seemed to disappear and never return when they could have been used throughout the film. This movie was a BOMB!!!
4. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE--The movie looked good on the commercials and some of my friends who had seen it said it was good. So, I figured that I would take a look. I sat down with a couple of friends and watched the previews. Finally, the movie would begin...let's just say that we lasted 15 minutes and walked out. I later saw the movie on video and remembered why I had walked out of the theater that day. A waste of John Voight and Tom Cruise. I ended up giving it one star.
5. HELLRAISER: BLOODLINES--Actually, I don't like anything by Clive Barker(Lord of Illusions, In the Mouth of Madness(I think he did that...), and the Hellraiser series). The 4th installment of the bald-pinheaded devil was absolutely the worst movie ever. The whole idea of going out into outer space was beyond me. Well, the whole idea of a little box that could form a merge between earth and a dimension like hell was a little bit dumb. The first two in the series weren't all that bad, they weren't too good either...but the 4th was just atrocious. This was definitely a BOMB!!!
|Read all comments (1)|Write your own comment|