The Funniest Movies on Earth

Apr 14, 2000

Comedies are my favorite things. Whenever I am PMSing, my husband goes out to rent a comedy to stop me from yelling at him for no reason. Most of these movies are Made In USA, with a couple exceptions. They are just the funniest movies I have ever seen, doesn't mean there aren't anymore out there.

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

This is the best Monty Python movie by far. Who can forget the funny little monks singing "Pie Jesu domine" *smack* "Dona eis requiem" *smack*. Even if you're absolutely depressed, this hilarious British production will perk you up. Well, it is not for everyone I suppose. It mocks God and contains images of angels tooting their trumpets through their butts. Be warned!

2. Waterboy/Wedding Singer

These are both movies starring Adam Sandler. He is absolutely the cutest and funniest little boy. Okay so he is 31, but I'm older. These follow the Adam Sandler plot of romantic comedies. In the end, he gets married to the girl he likes, but in the process of getting there, he always encounters a bunch of silliness. These movies contain some bad language, but promotes love and happiness. I love them.

3. The Housesitter

This is a movie with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn. It showcases the wit of a woman and the silliness of Steve Martin. What can you say to Goldie's pouty lips and Steve's frantic antics? HAHAHAHAHA!

4. There Is Something About Mary

Cameron Diaz is so cute in this movie. Well, she is always cute. Ben Stiller's goofy looks just makes her look cuter. This movie contains vast amounts of sexual humor. Not exactly dirty sexual humor, but...okay I won't comment. You just have to see it to believe it.

5. To Live

Most of you probably haven't heard of this movie. It is Chinese with subtitles. It is the story of a man during the years from the 1940s all the way till the 90s. During these years, China endured a lot of drastic political changes, and we see the lives of people change. It is a story of irony, and it definitely mocks the communist government.

6. Mrs. Doubtfire

The first time I saw this movie I laughed that I cried. Robin Williams is SUCH a great actor. He really looked like a kind old lady with his pretty blue eyes, but he had hairy legs. It still cracks me up to think of the scene where an old man checked out his hairy legs... okay..I'll calm down now.

7. The Man on the Moon

This is a wonderful biographic movie of Andy Kaufman, played by Jim Carrey. It is the funny story of a crazy man played by a silly goof. It is poignant and hilarious at the same time. Go see it.

8. The Nutty Professor

Eddie Murphy is absolutely amazing in this movie. He played his whole family! He was his mama, his daddy, and his grandma. He was fat. He was thin. He got stuck in a tiny car. And who could forget how ecstatic he was jumping around in spandex?? Absolutely will flip you out.

9. Drop Dead Gorgeous

This is a movie mocking beauty pageants. It is done a bit to the extreme. Denise Richards is a pretty girl who did a seriously demented dance with a stuffed Jesus. It is a bit offensive, but hilarious nonetheless.

10. The Englishman Who Went up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain

This is a really long title. It features Hugh Grant and Colm Meaney. Basically the plot is that the Welsh wanted a mountain, and to have a hill qualify as a mountain, it has to be 1000 ft. Hugh Grant goes to measure the mountain. It is a little short. The whole story revolves around the hill, and how much people wanted it to be a mountain. It seems rather silly, but turns out to be a very good movie.

This is what I can think of now. These are all very good movies. Rent 'em, buy 'em.

Member: Heyue Wang