Pros: Easy to use, portable, reliable, and all-in-all fun to own.
Cons: Why won't my mouse work?!!!!!!
I've had my iBook for over a year and have been more than pleased with it's performance. It's light (5-6 pounds), fast, and reliable. I use it for web and graphic design, word processing, Internet searching, editing movies, email, and movie/music enjoyment, and it's wonderful. Well, it's wonderful if you don't need to do more than two of those things simultaneously.
My favorite features:
1. The speed -- opens programs quickly, rarely freezes on me.
2. The combo drive -- I can watch DVDs on the road and burn CDs to back up my data.
3. The OS that came with it -- OS X is a great operating system. Reliable, quick, pretty, and very functional. It's also easy to organize files and access the stuff you need.
4. The white exterior -- it stands out in a room full of blah black laptops, and looks clean and crisp.
My least favorite features:
1. The trackpad -- it has been giving me a bit of trouble lately and no one can figure out why. The mouse will freeze while I'm in a program and won't move again unless I can somehow hide whatever application I'm using. Very frustrating.
2. The white exterior -- shows scratches easily, so in order to keep it looking nice, be very careful with it! (Yes, I realize that this is also one of my favorite features...all good things can have a dark side.)
3. The hard drive heating up -- after a half hour of using it, it will burn through your pants and onto your leg, making it a difficult laptop to use unless it's sitting on a table or desk.
4. The price -- I'd love to be able to buy a new one when mine finally dies, but the price is prohibitive, especially when considering all the other laptops on the market.