Mayflower Tours

Beyond Disappointing Tour

Dec 29, 2010 (Updated Dec 29, 2010)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• How strenuous was your tour?
  • Transportation quality:
  • Knowledge of tour guide(s):
  • How informative was your tour?

Pros:Unfortunately None

Cons:Terrible Hotels and Restaurants; tour guide had no knowledge of area

The Bottom Line:

bargain basement tours with poor food and accommodationsl only see the destination as you drive through on the bus

Mayflower tours are definitely bargain basement. I took a tour to http://www99.epinions.com/Tourism-g44894-Savannah_Missouri-Vacations.html and feel like I did nothing but spend eight days sitting on a bus. It took two and a half days to get to Savannah and the first thing we did upon arriving was to get on a trolley for a ninety minute overview tour of the city. The following day also consisted of two more trolley tours of two islands. There was no actual exploring of any sites. It all consisted of a brief drive past and before you could even ready your camera you were past the site. We were given less than half a day to explore on our own, but in order to get anywhere you had to take the trolley tour which ran for 90 minutes, so this time was wasted just getting to and from where you wanted to go. Don’t even start me on the hotels and restaurants. They were definitely one star. Some of the restaurants included an Applebee’s, a mall food court and a diner attached to a dumpy motel. I eat well when in my own town and I expect to eat just as well, if not better, when I am on vacation. I know people that say a bus tour is better than flying because you actually get to see some of the country. Unfortunately, what you actually see on a bus is hundreds of miles of highway that all looks the same. In addition, this was the first time the tour guide and bus driver were taking this trip. When I take a tour, I expect the guide to be more knowledgable than I am.

Best Suited For: Seniors