Pros: Eliminates odors, freshens fabrics, works well
Cons: Doesn't work on leather
I was skeptical about Febreze when it first hit the market. I figured it would only mask odors, rather than eliminate them. Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher has proven me wrong.
Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher is a product that is designed to eliminate odors and freshen fabrics. It is available in a variety of sizes -- I have the 500mL (16.9 ounce) size that was purchased from CVS. A bottle ranges from $3.50 - $5.00.
"Febreze Fabric Refresher with Clenzaire, a unique odor eliminator, surrounds odors and sweeps them away. Febreze is a breath of fresh air that leaves your home noticeably fresh wherever you use it."
Spray evenly on fabric until slightly damp to eliminate odors. For a noticeable freshness, spray in a sweeping motion over fabric items all around your home.
Safe on virtually all fabrics. On fabrics which may waterspot (such as silk), test a small area of fabric that cannot be seen. Not recommended for use on leather.
Water, alcohol, odor eliminator derived from corn, fragrance.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information
- Website = www.febreze.com
- Questions? 1-800-308-EASY
- Made in USA
Product information taken from product packaging.
Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher is a handy product to have around the house.
Using Febreze is quite simply. It comes in a handy spray bottle with a trigger mechanism. A simple turn of the nozzle to "On" and a few squeezes of the trigger will deliver sufficient Febreze to fight odors.
I like to use the Febreze to freshen up the shoes that sit on the shoe rack by the door. The sneakers can get terribly smelly so every now and then I give them a good spray of Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher to eliminate the odors. I spray enough Febreze so that the insides of the shoes are slightly damp and then let it dry out by itself. Once dried, there is a significant reduction in shoe stink and a detectable fresh scent from the Febreze.
I have also used the Febreze on the rug in the living room. Sometimes it smells like it needs to be refreshed, so I take out the Febreze and spray it so that it's somewhat damp and allow it to dry. I have not experienced any problems with the Febreze altering or staining the colors of the rug. It works well to eliminate odors and leaves the rug smelling fresh. Though the initial scent of the Febreze Extra Strength is very strong, it dissipates over time. When I first used it I thought the scent was overwhelming, but was pleased to find that the intensity of the scent fades fairly quickly.
The most recent experience that required Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher caused me great annoyance and I vowed to write an Epinions on the product after using it. A friend from out of town, along with his friend, came to visit for the weekend. His friend vomited in my car. I couldn't believe he vomited in my fairly new and extremely clean car! After my best attempts at removing the chunks of vomit, I proceeded to spray the interior and floor mats with Febreze Extra Strength. I made sure to soak the floor mats well with the Febreze. Though Febreze is not recommended for leather, I did spray it lightly on the seat because of the horrendous stench of vomit and wiped it dry, hoping that it would have some effect on the stench. I left the sunroof open so that the vomit odors wouldn't be trapped inside my car. The next day, I was surprised by how well the Febreze had quelled the vomit stench. Though it didn't eliminate the stench entirely, it did have a significant impact on taming the odors. Because the vomit stench was so terrible and strong initially, it seemed as though the Febreze did all its work to try to eliminate it rather than refresh the fabric; it was difficult to discern any refreshing scent from the car after the first trial of Febreze. I used Febreze once more on the floor mats and that helped refresh the car up a bit more. Febreze worked more to eliminate the odors rather than refresh the fabric in the "Vomit in the Car" incident. Though it wasn't able to rid the car entirely of the vomit stench, I'd say it eliminated about 80% of it. (If you have any ideas of how to eliminate the remaining 20% of the odors, please drop me a note!) I was very pleased with Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher and how it performed.
Febreze Extra Strength Fabric Refresher is a wonderful product to have on hand to eliminate odors and to refreshen up fabrics.
Thanks for reading.