The Clark Kent of cruisers till you let her rip
Written: May 10, 2003
a Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
I've had the Magna as my first motorcycle for about a year now. Here are my opinions on this bike:
1. Runs like a dream
2. Power power and more power (for a 750 cruiser that is). It's no sports bike, but at a little over 80HP, it's no tinkerbell. It'll leave most cruisers behind in the dust at lights.
3. Over long rides, this bike could use either standard highway pegs or yet better some forward controls.
4. I get about 40MPG in the city. You judge if that's good or bad mileage... I dunno :)
5. At highway speeds, this bike definitely feels like it could use a 6th gear.
6. Doesn't have a loud noisy attitude... in fact this bike almost sounds like a sports-bike, but man can this bike take off!! Leaves a good number of V-Twins in the dust.
7. Take this bike on a winding road and it's in its true element! This bike seems to be one of the heavier ones in the 750cc capacity (about 540lbs with a tank of gas) not to mention that it feels a tad top heavy, but I guess that's why it handles so well.
8. Just one more nit to pick with the default tire (and tire valve) that this bike ships with... the rear tire is darn near impossible to fill air in. First chance I get, I'm installing angled valves at least on the rear tires.
Read all 54 Reviews
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): 5500
Model Year: 2000