2000 Kymco Cobra 50 Cross

• Reliability:
  • Comfort:
  • Handling And Control:
  • Quality and Craftsmanship:

Pros:saves money on gas, fun to ride, perfect for around town

Cons:canít go long distances, can't fit a lot of people.

The Bottom Line: Scooters are freakin awesome! If you have the money get one. They will pay for themselves.

I had just gotten my driver's license. All the excitement that I had bottled in was just ready to burst out. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I yelled a quick yes! I walked out the door with the biggest smile stretched across my face. Now that I had gotten my license I needed what every 16 says they need when they get a license, a car. It’s a dream of a teenager to get a car of their own. That’s exactly what I wanted, but my parents refused to get me one. After weeks they were sick of driving me everywhere so we started looking for me a means of transportation. We found a mo-ped Kymco Cobra 50 and a car. We compared the two to see which one was in my near future.

Scooter vs. Car

Cars can be very expensive and this is one of the reasons why some kids don’t get them, because they simply can’t afford it. A Kymco Cobra 50 is not nearly as much as a car; actually it’s less then half the price. This really stuck out to us and was a huge factor towards our decision.

Cars tend to be more luxurious and can get places much faster then a scooter. It may take longer but scooters do not waste nearly as much gas. They get very good gas mileage, but have to be filled up constantly. With a car you can go a lot longer before it needs filling up. I get around eighty or so miles to the gallon. It only costs about five bucks to fill it up, and you can cruise around for a very long time. It is a lot more efficient to use around town.

Sometimes when you are driving you need a place to store things while you’re on the road. Cars are very roomy and are able to hold a lot of things. With a Kymco Cobra 50 the space is there it is just limited. There is room under the seat and a small space towards the front of the scooter. You can get baskets or cases for the back of the scooter, so you do not have to hold things while driving, but again that space is very limited. Storage space is a plus to the car.

Perks

With a Kymco Cobra 50 you have to be more aware of your surroundings. You have to make sure that you see everything and that you are seen by other cars. Your blind spot is a lot smaller than a car which is nice. People say that those drivers on scooters tend to be unsafe, but they have actually found out that someone driving a Kymco Cobra 50 is actually more aware of their surroundings. They have to be, because they’re a lot smaller then most vehicles. Safety is very important. You have to watch out for holes and rocks, because these things can be very damaging to a scooter. If there were rocks or gravel on the road, a Kymco Cobra 50 would have to try to avoid this. Going over gravel on a Kymco Cobra 50 can cause you to slide. This can happen in a car as well, but it's not as likely. It's also almost impossible for a Kymco Cobra 50 to be ridden on slick or wet surfaces. In a car you have four-wheel drive and anti lock brakes. Unfortunately with a Kymco Cobra 50 it doesn’t have these tremendous features.

There is also the safety of seatbelts. All cars have them, but scooters do not. Just because it doesn't have a belt doesn't necessarily mean that it's not safe. With scooters they have actually found that it's safer to not have seatbelts if there was a crash, because if the driver is belted in then they will be crushed by the scooter. The major seatbelt for a Kymco Cobra 50 is the helmet. Just like on a bike helmets are worn to protect the head from any injury.

Cars have windows that can be rolled down but the Kymco Cobra 50 is the ultimate convertible. There is nothing like having the peace and free feeling while driving a scooter. The smell of fresh air and your hair blowing in the wind; what could be more exhilarating?

Although scooters are not able to carry as much luggage or go as fast, they are not accustomed to the distractions that cars have. Cars are able to carry more passengers, and this alone is a distraction to the driver. Cars also have radios and music. This distraction is a big one, because if the driver isn't singing along then they’re trying to change the station to something else. One of my friends got in an accident because she put her head down to change the music. It was only down for a split second and that was all the time that was needed.

I Recommend the Scooter!

So in the end my parents and I made the decision and we bought a scooter. It seems like in this essay that I talked better on the car and this could be true. It would have been nice to have a car, but I love my scooter. It was all that I needed. It was cheaper and more fuel efficient. It was just the thing for me to go to school on, and get everything done around town that I needed. It was so convenient and perfect for me. I recommend getting a Kymco Cobra 50 to anyone that wants to have a good time and live their teenage years to the fullest. Your driving experience will be full of fun memories, some memories that you won’t ever be able to forget. Trust me, good things really do come in small packages.

The best things the Scooter offers

I've had it for awhile and have never had to get it serviced, It is very reliable.

It purrs like a kitten. Accelerating is a blast. You can get up to 30mph no sweat and after that it still gets up to around 40mph comfortably.

The gas fill-up and mileage is fantastic. 3 bucks a pop, and around 80 miles to the gallon.

It is fun to ride with a passenger. Easy to steer, and safe.

The storage box is large enough to fit anything you should need to fit on a scooter. It is perfect because it is right under the seat.

Backaches shouldn't be a problem, and their are covers over the handle bars for wind protection. Also I recommend a visor on your helmet, or glasses to keep the wind out of your eyes.

It is a fantastic! I love it and I know anyone who bought it would love it too.

Condition: New
Model Year: 2003

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003S3

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003S3

The S3 series is optimal for common street riding on street bikes and cruisers with rather larger engines.
Rear Brake Shoes - 2002 2003 2004 2005 Kymco Cobra Cross Cobra 50

Rear Brake Shoes - 2002 2003 2004 2005 Kymco Cobra Cross Cobra 50

Brand New High Quality Brake shoes Quantity: 1 pair ( 2 pieces) Position: Rear Compatibility KYMCO 2002-2005 Cobra Cross/Cobra 50 These brake shoes ar...

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003AD

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003AD

The AD series is optimal for common street riding on scooters, cruisers and street bikes.
Kymco Cobra Cross Racer 50 Cc Scooter Custom Carburetor Carb Stage 1-3 Jet Kit

Kymco Cobra Cross Racer 50 Cc Scooter Custom Carburetor Carb Stage 1-3 Jet Kit

MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE LONGER ENGINE LIFE EXHAUST POPPING? FEELS SLUGGISH? These are signs of a LEAN ENGINE, a Jet Kit will fix those issues. BENEFITS MO...

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003S33

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003S33

The S33 series is optimal for ambitious first-class pro level off-road riders who demand the ultimate edge on their racing with absolute great stoppin...
1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003K5

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003K5

The K5 series is optimal for off-road riding on dirt bikes, and ATV.
1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003K5LX

1999-00 KYMCO 50 COBRA CROSS FRONT BRAKE PADS 003K5LX

The K5-LX series is optimal for striving pro level off-road racers who demand great braking performance and durability.
2001 - 2006 KYMCO 50 Cobra Cross GOLDFREN FRONT BRAKE PADS 071AD

2001 - 2006 KYMCO 50 Cobra Cross GOLDFREN FRONT BRAKE PADS 071AD

2001 - 2006 KYMCO 50 Cobra Cross GOLDFREN FRONT BRAKE PADS 071S3

2001 - 2006 KYMCO 50 Cobra Cross GOLDFREN FRONT BRAKE PADS 071S3

4 X 35mm Air Filter Pod For Benelli 491 Gt K2 K2 Lc & Kymco Bet Cobra Cross 50

4 X 35mm Air Filter Pod For Benelli 491 Gt K2 K2 Lc & Kymco Bet Cobra Cross 50

Item Description: Fitment Universal fits for most 35mm motorcycles Following motorcycle models are for reference only, please measure your carburetor'...