2000 Kymco Vivio 125

125cc tour scooter

Jul 3, 2007 (Updated Jul 6, 2007)

• Reliability:
  • Comfort:
  • Handling And Control:
  • Quality and Craftsmanship:

Pros:cheap, tough, sounds great for a scooter, surprisingly strong engine, good lights

Cons:It could look a bit flashier, the brakes, you still get wet when it rains!

The Bottom Line: Incredibly reliable for a scooter with plenty of power. A no nonsense or frills bike that is great value for money.

This is one of my favourite scooter models. A piece of cake to drive. Hold the brake press the start button and simply twist and go!

The first time I used this model it was called a Freeway. I remember loving it because when you twisted the gas it really let out a roar, which is very impressive for a scooter,and music to the ears of someone who is used to the usual whiny and tinny two stroke wail.

The Vivio has the same fab sound and sturdy engine as the Freeway with the added advantage of disc brakes on the front and a tidier design.

There are several good reasons for describing the Vivio as a tour scooter. First of all it is incredibly comfortable having a long and wide seat that you can endure sitting on for long lengths of times without getting the numb bum effect. It also has a surprisingly large amount of storage with a large luggage cavity under the lift up seat.

It's a four stroke engine so there is no major vibrating at top speeds or clouds of smelly black smoke as you set off in the morning. It also means an incredible amount of mileage on the smallest amount of gas.

This bike always feels safer to drive to me than most other models, as although it has plenty of pull and can reach top speed of 95 km/h it's acceleration is smooth and steady.

There is no fear with this scooter of losing power on the inclines, and at the top of hills. The Kymco Vivio will sail up the highest mountain roads easily even with a passenger on the back, trust me I have tested this up and around some of the most winding mountain roads in Crete, Greece!

The brakes are disc on the front drum on the back, they're adequate but maybe not quite as sharp as some other models.
There is a steering lock on the steering column using the same key as the ignition key. The mirrors are large and well positioned on this bike as would be expected on a larger sized scooter. There is a side stand for quick parking and a main stand which are both very easy to use, I never had a problem putting this bike on the main stand and I am a 54kg female.

Overall, I'd rate this scooter as an incredibly straight forward and reliable ride and although it has no frills or should I say chrome bits and go-fast stripes, it has an impressive engine sound, pulls great and won't let you down.

Amount Paid (US$): 2,300
Condition: New
Model Year: 2005

2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002S3

2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002S3

The S3 series is optimal for common street riding on street bikes and cruisers with rather larger engines.
2001 KYMCO 125 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002K5

2001 KYMCO 125 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002K5

The K5 series is optimal for off-road riding on dirt bikes, and ATV.
2001 KYMCO 125 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002S3

2001 KYMCO 125 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002S3

2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002K5

2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002K5

The K5 series is optimal for off-road riding on dirt bikes, and ATV.
2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002AD

2001 KYMCO 150 VIVIO FRONT BRAKE PADS 002AD

The AD series is optimal for common street riding on scooters, cruisers and street bikes.