2000 Recreative Industries MAX IV

Max IV 900T six wheel drive ATV (2003 model)

Dec 8, 2004

• Reliability:
  • Comfort:
  • Quality and Craftsmanship:

Pros:Truly a "go anywhere", "go through anything", "go anytime" ATV. I love the thing.

Cons:It's cold in the winter. I use resistance heating (electrical).

The Bottom Line: Excellent vehicle, not a kids toy. An adult machine for off road use that will go anywhere with passengers.

I have no idea what the "2000" refers to in the "2000 Recreative Industries MAX IV", I doubt Recreative Industries does either.

I have operated skid steer ATVs before and I now own a Max IV. The ATV will carry four people and a minimal amount of cargo, or two people and a lot of cargo. The vehicle has a roll cage, convertible top, and sits on tracks--which simply add on over the wheels. With the tracks installed the great ability to travel over a wide variety of terrain gets even better. On the down side it doesn't move nearly as well in water with the tracks as the speed is reduced considerably.

None of these ATVs are boats, and shouldn't be thought of as such. The Max is an ultimate "rough terrain" vehicle and will travel easily through mud that will have a 4X4 stuck in very sort order. They will cross ponds or quiet streams with no problem.

Anyone considering the purchase of one of these, Max II, Max IV, or Buffalo should seriously consider getting the heated throttle cable in colder climates. These aren't small ATVs, being both wide (56") and long (96"). The top speed is around 25 mph on land and 4 or 5 in water. The steering is easy to learn and very effective. The ride is quite superior to that of 4X4 ATVs or even SUVs over rough ground.

Any Max will literally turn on a dime and give you change.

If you plan on using this a great deal I would recommend one of the optional larger motors and bigger tires than the base model, and while you may never need the winch--if you ever do need it, well, better to have it there and ready. I have driven mine through mud I couldn't have walked through--and left no tracks on a steep grade. A Jeep has about 30 pounds per square inch of ground pressure, my Max IV on tracks has about 0.7 pounds per square inch pressure on the ground. The Jeep makes ruts, my Max doesn't. The Jeep can get stuck in mud, my Max can't. I can literally drive it through a swamp.

The trailer hitch will allow the Max to pull about a half a ton. It has a full light system (12 volt) and electric starting that functions flawlessly. The Max handles snow the same way it handles mud.

The design of the Max places the driver at the very front of the vehicle, giving you a view of the ground immediately in front of you, a better view of what you're going over.

With the exception of the parking brake, all controls are hand controls and easily reached. The windshield of the Max II folds down, the windshield of the Max IV can be easily removed if you choose to have the wind in your face.

Condition: Used
Model Year: 2003
Model and Options: tracks, top, roll cage, heated throttle, winch, windshield, seat belts

Men's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide 2E - 10

Men's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide 2E - 10

The Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide 2E not only features DMX Max, our engineered cushioning system that moves air from heel to toe as you walk for cloud-...

Women's Black Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - 5.5

Women's Black Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - 5.5

The Walk Ultra IV DMX Max features DMX Max, our engineered cushioning system that moves air from heel to toe as you walk for cloud-like comfort.

Women's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Pink - 5

Women's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Pink - 5

Nike The Overplay IV Mens Sneakers Shoes

Nike The Overplay IV Mens Sneakers Shoes

The Nike The Overplay IV Athletic feature a Synthetic upper with a Round Toe. The Man-Made outsole lends lasting traction and wear.
Women's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide D - 5

Women's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide D - 5

The Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide D not only features DMX Max, our engineered cushioning system that moves air from heel to toe as you walk for cloud-l...
Reebok

Nike Air Monarch IV (Extra-Wide) Men's Training Shoe Size 10 (White)

Nike Air Monarch IV (Extra-Wide) Men's Training Shoe Size 10 (White)

The Nike Air Monarch IV: A Hard-Wearing, Multipurpose Trainer The Nike Air Monarch IV Men's Training Shoe Delivers Lightweight Cushioning, Solid Suppo...
Nike.com

Reebok Walk Ultra Iv Dmx Max 'j90017' White Walking Shoes Size: 7.5 D Wide

Reebok Walk Ultra Iv Dmx Max 'j90017' White Walking Shoes Size: 7.5 D Wide

Reebok Walk Ultra IV DMX Max Women's Walking Shoes 'J90017'(White/Flat Grey)Size: 7.5 D Wide Product Information The Walk Ultra IV DMX Max features DM...

Men's White Walk Ultra IV DMX Max - Wide 2E - 14