This little beast is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Recommend this product?
The Yamaha riva XC125 2001 scooter is definately the best ride for the money.
* Better to ride in heavy traffic than the 50cc's
* Very powerfull engine at low revs.
* Quiet 4 cycle engine (no seperate oil to add).
* Superb ride over even rough pavement and potholes.
* Sensible seating for those with shorter legs.
* Ease of use, just twist and go.
* Fast enough for highway use, will maintain 55mph and maxed out at 60, 65 downhill, so watch out for those tickets.
* Excellent lighting for night riders.
* Good gas milage, even when driven hard it averages 70/90mpg (usa)
* Cool looks this one, I got the pearl white and black.
I can't really fault this. Yamaha did very well with attention to detail and styling and mechanical wizardry.
It's fun to ride. I use mine to commute 8 miles each way to work, returing at 11:00pm in the dark.
* the cost is a bit too high compared to say the Honda elite 80cc but performance is much better. Retail MSRP is $3199.00 (usa) but I found dealers ready and willing to part with them for $2699.00 exclusive of all the tag/tax/dealer-prep/delivery/paperwork-fees etc etc
On the road price was $3072.42 (usa) but well worth it when gas hits $2.00+ a gallon, it's coming folks !!
**** The one thing I don't like about it are the brakes, or lack of them, this beast should have disks all round, the stupid little drum brakes just do not supply enough stopping power to the point where I consider it dangerous. Come on YAMAHA , get on that one please.
Otherwise, go for it, you will love it.