Yamaha Riva XC125 scooter review 06/26/2000
Jun 28, 2000
Review by jto
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE BRAKES
Cons:BRAKES ARE TINY DRUMS AND NEED TO BE 200% BETTER
This little beast is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Recommend this product?
The Yamaha riva XC125 2001 scooter is definately the best ride for the money.
* Better to ride in heavy traffic than the 50cc's
* Very powerfull engine at low revs.
* Quiet 4 cycle engine (no seperate oil to add).
* Superb ride over even rough pavement and potholes.
* Sensible seating for those with shorter legs.
* Ease of use, just twist and go.
* Fast enough for highway use, will maintain 55mph and maxed out at 60, 65 downhill, so watch out for those tickets.
* Excellent lighting for night riders.
* Good gas milage, even when driven hard it averages 70/90mpg (usa)
* Cool looks this one, I got the pearl white and black.
I can't really fault this. Yamaha did very well with attention to detail and styling and mechanical wizardry.
It's fun to ride. I use mine to commute 8 miles each way to work, returing at 11:00pm in the dark.
* the cost is a bit too high compared to say the Honda elite 80cc but performance is much better. Retail MSRP is $3199.00 (usa) but I found dealers ready and willing to part with them for $2699.00 exclusive of all the tag/tax/dealer-prep/delivery/paperwork-fees etc etc
On the road price was $3072.42 (usa) but well worth it when gas hits $2.00+ a gallon, it's coming folks !!
**** The one thing I don't like about it are the brakes, or lack of them, this beast should have disks all round, the stupid little drum brakes just do not supply enough stopping power to the point where I consider it dangerous. Come on YAMAHA , get on that one please.
Otherwise, go for it, you will love it.
Share this product review with your friends
Part # = 50M-14398-00-00 Part Description = GASKET XC125S 1986 125 XC125 Riva 125 Scooter XC125T 1987 125 XC125 Riva 125 Scooter XC200T 1987 125 XC200...
Original Equipment Quality at an Aftermarket Price! New Starter Yamaha XC125 Riva 124cc 1985-2001 This starter fits the following:1985 Yamaha XC125 Ri...
YAMAHA XC125 '85-01 , XC200 '87-91, CANISTER ASSEMBLY , #50N-24170-00 1Y-265 On Jun-02-07 at 14:22:21 PDT, seller added the following information: Aft...
Yamaha XC125 Riva 2001 Right Brake OE Style Lever Description: Direct replacement lever. Sold exactly as shown. Please view the front and rear photos ...
This offer features a genuine Yamaha left side handlebar grip. This new early stock Genuine Yamaha factory replacement part , #35R-26241-00-00, is for...
Yamaha XC125 Riva 1998 Right Brake OE Style Lever Description: Direct replacement lever. Sold exactly as shown. Please view the front and rear photos ...
Yamaha XC125 Riva 1997 Right Brake OE Style Lever Description: Direct replacement lever. Sold exactly as shown. Please view the front and rear photos ...
Fits the following: 1985 RIVA 125 1995 XC125G 1996 XC125H 1997 XC125J 1998 XC125K 1999 XC125L 2000 XC125M 2001 XC125N1 OEM, never mounted, never used....
Yamaha XC125 Riva 1995 Right Brake OE Style Lever Description: Direct replacement lever. Sold exactly as shown. Please view the front and rear photos ...
BRAND NEW OLD STOCK / OEM NOS ITEM Yamaha RH Front Turn Signal Part Number 3EK-83320-00 FITS Following Models:1988-2001- XC125 Riva THIS IS NEW Being ...