OMG! I love my scooter :) I had many adventures on it through the zoo, accidentally going into the back lots of the Warner Brothers, Fox, and NBC studios, and of course getting on campus in less than 8 minutes. Before I go ranting and raving about my little adventures, I just want to say that transportation through the ridiculous and infamous LA traffic sure is a lot easier when you're on a scooter! While others are stuck in traffic and screaming obscenities to the driver in front of them to hurry up, you can breeze on by and laugh at those unfortunate folks.
Recommend this product?
Hehe, but all kidding aside, here are the points to consider when purchasing / leasing / borrowing a scooter:
* There's only room for one on the 50cc model
* Weighs 112 pounds
* Approximately 80 miles to a gallon of gasoline!
* The maximum weight allowance on the 50cc model 150 pounds
* The gas tank holds 1.16 liters
* Law requires wearing a helmet
* There are hooks on the scooter for groceries, backpacks, purses, etc.
* Easy to maneuver - you can literally pick the scooter up and turn it around if you ever find yourself going the wrong way :)
* Easy to find parking
* Free parking! Even here in LA, I can park for free in parking structures where they usually charge money
* Low insurance rate (approximately only twenty bucks here in southern California!)
* Beats walking
Another point I would like to mention is that when I first got my scooter, it had trouble starting. I don't know if this is common to all Yamaha Razz scooters but after a month or so, the problem went away on its own.
I know some people may consider it unsafe to ride around in a scooter and there is no contest to the fact that scooters are not as safe as automobiles. However, I truly believe it all depends on how one drives the vehicle.
Lastly, I know if this simple scooter ever grows old and goes to heaven, I will purchase another one in its place. I am overall very satisfied with the product.
Amount Paid (US$): $1800
Model Year: 2001