2003 Honda Sportrax 400EX

Mar 1, 2007

• Reliability:
  • Comfort:
  • Quality and Craftsmanship:

Pros:Very Fast, Very Reliable and Such great Fun

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Great ~ Its a must have

A couple of years ago my dad and Brother started to ride Quad Bikes. At first, they only had small slow ones to get them started. At the time hardly anywhere would allow them to ride as most track were made for Motorbikes (mx) but as Quads have become such a popular thing to have over the last few years more and more places are accepting quad riders.

Now, both my Dad and Brother are not only using their quads to ride at the weekend but are now racing them in this years Quad Race's

Here's my dad's review on the 400 EX

I have been riding with some of the world Champion Quad Racers such as Paul Winrow and John Mitchell and I am absolutely loving every minute of it. Quad racing though can be very dangerous and I myself have had a fair few accidents, resulting in me going to the Hospital but all in all Quad Racing is the best sport i've even got myself into.

What is a Quad?
=============
Ok, what is a quad you ask? A quad is also known as an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle), and is an off road vehicle. Some quad bikes are used by farmers, these are known as Utility Quads.
Sports Quad / ATV's and Utility Quad's are different. Utility Quads are used by the likes of farmers to get around the farm carrying items to certain places whereas a Sports Quad is used for fun.

The Honda 400 EX
===============
This is a great piece of machineary, very fast very reliable and so much fun. Comes in a range of different colours such as Red and Yellow but new for 2006 Honda have brought out a Black one.
The Honda 400 EX is an amazingly reliable Quad, it starts first time every time and is great.

It has got a manual Clutch and is a 5- speed transmission with reverse, which I think is great, although not often needed. It has also got an O-ring style sealed chain, which is really good and also reliable. This Quad is excellent for wheelies,

Here are the specs in a better detail....I have taken these from

Model ~ TRX400EX
Clutch ~ Manual
Transmission ~ Five-speed
Driveline ~ O-ring-sealed chain
Suspension
Front ~ Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, five-position spring preload adjustability; 8.2 inches travel
Rear~ Pro-Link single Showa shock with spring preload adjustability; 9.1 inches travel
Brakes
Turning Radius ~ 10.5 feet
Dry Weigh ~ 374.7 pounds
Fuel Capacity ~ 2.6 gallons, including 0.4-gallon reserve
Colors ~ Red, Yellow

All the above has been taken from the web site staed above.... All the below is my own opinion

Chassis
=======
It chassis is made from very hardwearing Chrome and is very strong giving you a great ride. It is said to be very similar to the Honda 250R, but the 400 EX's frame is taller, due to the extra bit of height needed for the four-stroke power plant.
The rear swing arm are made of high tech Cast Aluminium which I would say is far better than the original as its much lighter and stronger.

Comfort of the Ride
===============
The ride of your life, its amazing. This quad will suit any person small or big. Everything you need is in perfect reach.

Handling
=======
I have rode a few Quads’ now since I started a few years ago and I can honestly say that the 400EX has got a fantastic way of handling. Some quads are better on straights rather than the corners but the 400EX is great at both. One slight turn of the steering and you will glide around the corners with no trouble.

Parts and Accessories
=================
There are so many different things that you can change on this Quad to make it the perfect Racer. From the plastics, Nerf Bars, Swing Arms, Shocks, Tyres and Wheels, Light’s, all most everything can be changed. I have actually just finished my Quad and it is ready for my 1st race of 20 that starts the weekend after next.

Overall Opinion
============
Over all this is one of the best made Quads/ ATV's out there today. Ok, so there are some other really really good, fast and very reliable Quad's such as the YFZ 450 which is what my son has got, and the Honda 250 which my son's friend has got but in my overall opinion I still think that nothing can compare to the Honda 400EX. Its performance is just amazing and I can proudly say that this is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

For more information on Quads, The 400 Ex, Prices and places to buy and ride please visit either

www.ATVWORLD.com

A place to buy new and used Quads of all kinds, also gives you all different parts and accessories that each quad takes. From Decal Stickers, Plastics, Wheels, etc etc

or

www.QuadHeaven.co.uk

Quad Heaven is a place to talk to other riders, see videos and photos of recent riders. Ask questions, see all the news and take a look at the up coming races and dates for all the Quad Races.

Thanks for taking the time to read this review. If you or anyone are in need of more details please contact us in the Guest Book.

Please Note: The purchase price is from a few years ago so may have gone down. There is a newer version of this Quad for 2006 so if you are interested in that one please bearing mind that the price may even be higher.

Condition: New
Model Year: 2003
Model and Options: honda ex

Honda 400ex Sportrax Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs

Honda 400ex Sportrax Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs

THEREVBG Store HONDA 400EX SPORTRAX NEW Clutch Kit With Heavy Duty Springs NEW TUSK 400EX ALL YEARS HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH KIT FIBERS AND STEEL PLATES,WITH...

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Factory Owners Manual

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Factory Owners Manual

HONDA TRX400EX SPORTRAX FACTORY OWNERS MANUAL FITMENT : HONDA TRX400EX SPORTRAX (ALL YEARS) EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! If this item...

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Atv Front Brake Pads 2001-2008

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Atv Front Brake Pads 2001-2008

2001-2008 Honda TRX400EX Sportrax Front Brake Pads. (This kit includes two pads)Copper Based Semi-Metallic Brake Pads. These pads meet or exceed OEM b...

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Moose Trx 400ex Steel Folding Shift Lever 2001-2005

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Moose Trx 400ex Steel Folding Shift Lever 2001-2005

Orange Cycle Parts Ebay HONDA TRX400EX SPORTRAX MOOSE TRX 400EX STEEL FOLDING SHIFT LEVER 2001-2005 $ 32.95 Description Replace your soft stock levers...

High Rate Honda 400EX Sportrax 99-12 New YTX9-BS Motorcycle/PowerSport Battery

High Rate Honda 400EX Sportrax 99-12 New YTX9-BS Motorcycle/PowerSport Battery

PowerStar batteries come with an industry leading 2 year warranty
2004 Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Rotor Guard

2004 Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Rotor Guard

SoCal Powersports Our eBay Store About Us Contact Us Add to Favorite Sellers 2004 Honda TRX400EX Sportrax Rotor Guard Made from 6061 Billet Aluminum D...

Honda 2004 Trx400ex Sportrax400ex Owner's Manual

Honda 2004 Trx400ex Sportrax400ex Owner's Manual

Honda 2004 TRX400EX Sportrax400EX Owner's Manual.New condition, still in package.Payment due within 10 days of auction ending unless other arrangement...

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax400ex Owners Manuel Genuine 2002

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax400ex Owners Manuel Genuine 2002

YOU ARE BUYING A OWNERS MANUAL HONDA OWNER'S MANUAL GENUINE OEM FIT'S: HONDA TRX400EX SPORTRAX400EX 2002 COMES AS PICTURED PERFECT TIME TO GET THAT PA...

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Atv Rear Brake Pads 2001-2008

Honda Trx400ex Sportrax Atv Rear Brake Pads 2001-2008

2001-2008 Honda TRX400EX Sportrax Rear Brake Pads. (This kit includes two pads)Copper Based Semi-Metallic Brake Pads. These pads meet or exceed OEM br...

Starter Honda Trx400ex Sportrax 400 Ex 397cc 2002 2003 2004 02 03 04

Starter Honda Trx400ex Sportrax 400 Ex 397cc 2002 2003 2004 02 03 04

Powered by Frooition Pro New Starter Honda TRX400EX SporTrax 400 EX 397cc 2002 2003 2004 02 03 04 Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click ...