Read Reviews (12) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2004 CR-V

View all reviews by ldelgatto

Noisy CR-V: road noise, tire noise.

by ldelgatto:      Oct 13, 2007

Product Rating: 3.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Tailgate, gas mileage, Honda reliability & longevity, inexpensive to maintain, "walk through" to back seat
Cons: noise, visibility, interior storage compartments
The Bottom Line: Too much road noise and poor visibility. Great sideways opening rear-door.

Paid way too much for this vehicle as I thought I was buying a 4WD. Sometimes it pays to buy from a dealer! Anyway, like most, I find the road noise unbearable. I have changed the tires to Yokohama Avid and then to Michelin Destiny. No change to the noise and I measured it with a decimeter! I do prefer the ride/handling with the Michelins. I am in the process of installing Damplifier sound deadening material: expensive and time consuming and still no guarantee that it will work. I also find the visibility very poor, especially from the rear window. I pull out the rear headrests which helps a bit. What I love about this car is the tailgate that opens sideways and the trunk area. It is perfect for carrying groceries, boxes, my massage table, etc. The gas mileage is about 30mpg. I also like that it rides higher up, but not so high that I have to climb into the seat. I also like that the center tray between the front seats folds down completely so that I can "walk" through to the back seat. The seats fold forward for more storage in the back, but they don't fold completely flat and the storage area underneath them is not flat either. I would rather the seats folded completely flat or could be easily removed. I loved the idea of the picnic table in the back, but haven't used it yet - will I ever?? There is very little interior storage and I think that Toyota has much more "user friendly" cubbys and storage areas. The glove compartment is practically useless. I would not buy this car again. But my neighbor LOVES her CR-V. Like anything, it's a matter of taste, preference, lifestyle, etc.
Condition: Used