Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Tiburon

View all reviews by stocklone

My Take On Tiburon

by stocklone:      Oct 26, 2005

Pros: styling, fun factor, handling, price, warranty, fuel economy
Cons: acceleration, low power, driver's seat
The Bottom Line: I do recommend this car because it is fun to drive and looks good at a very reasonable price.

I bought the GS version to replace my 1994 Chevy Blazer S-10 that could no longer start. No extras. Everything was standard. It has some pretty good standard features. I got the automatic. No the GS doesn't have an insane amount of power. You aren't going to wow anybody with how fast it gets to 60. It's fast enough though for driving to work and such. I'm not power hungry by any means so it works for me. If you bought the car for the speed, then you better have got the GT version. I bought it because its a swank looking car with pretty decent fuel economy. I like the handling of it too. I think its real fun to drive even if acceleration isn't that great. I also like the way it sounds when I gas it. Like it said, "Fun to drive."

I really like the styling. The car has very nice curves in all of the right spots. I don't think they messed up anywhere with the styling of the car. I also like the fact that I don't see too many of them in my area.

This car is not a car meant for long trips. I have problems with lower back pain with it. I have a history of back pain though. I did fix most of that by padding the seat with egg crates (the stuff for beds). I put a seat cover over the padding and that was that. I don't think the inside looks cheap. I like the styling. It's different. The red light illumination on the inside is quite nice.

I do plan to update the sound system. I am quite picky about that though. Nothing is ever good enough for me when it comes to car audio.

Overall, for the price and the good warranty I think it's a good buy.

I am by no means an expert at cars.