Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Tiburon

It's a good looking car

by caburns:      May 4, 2006

Pros: Handling, overall looks, warranty
Cons: Not a high-performance sports car, even the V-6
The Bottom Line: A very good looking car for someone who does not want a race car. If you want a fast car, go buy a Corvette.

My girlfriend and I have owned our Tiburon for almost a year now, and we both enjoy it a lot. We have the Tuscany version, which comes with 17 inch wheels and the 2.7 litre v-6, although we opted for the automatic transmission since my girlfriend is not quite proficient at a manual. Overall, for the price, I think it is quite a decent car, although it is not the high-performance machine that tuning enthusiasts might claim it to be. Power is adequate, but the lack of torque is very noticeable. The handling is responsive but can be very stiff, which is to be expected from this sort of vehicle. The interior is comfortable for 2 adults, but head room is minimal and rear-seat space is best left for people under 5 feet tall. The thing I like the most about this car is its looks; I'll be the first to admit that there are many cars that can and will outperform this car (read SRT 4), but the Tiburon has a very unique style and is very pleasing to the eyes. Overall, I am happy with the vehicle, but it is important to know that this is not a high-performance sports car. If you go in with this in mind, I think most people will be pleased with this vehicle.