Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Tiburon

05 TIBURON GT V6 - A GREAT SPORTS CAR VALUE

by tfuzz:      Oct 8, 2006 - Updated Feb 11, 2007

Pros: smooth, refined V6, crisp shifter, great options, stylish exterior, lots of bang for the buck!
Cons: clunky, cheap suspension - hard seats - road noise.
The Bottom Line: A great, inexpensive sport compact car from a company that is committed to quality.

I purchased my 05 Tiburon GT V6 over a year ago and have had no mechanical or other problems with it thus far. Hyundai has come a long way in the last few years and it shows. The design, fit and finish, and smooth engine of this car are outstanding. I love how it looks and the handling is sharp. Not as punchy as an RSX or Civic Si but much smoother and the engine/exhaust sound deep and strong. The 181 lbs. of torque are wonderful when you have a long highway entrance ramp in front of you! I love the shifter's crisp, clean feel. Gauges are minimalist and kind of on the cheap side but they get the job done. The Infinity stereo sounds great...sub really kicks. My biggest complaint is the clunky, loud suspension. Every bump, large or small, makes a noise and is felt through the entire car. I think Hyundai could have done a better job here...the suspension setup is obviously an area where they cut corners. Hondas and Acuras are super-solid and take bumps nicely where this car just clunks and jumps all over the road when faced with a less-than-perfect road surface. Very disappointing. Also, the seats, although sporty and well-made, are hard and cause some fatigue when I drive the car a lot. A few minor complaints for a stylish package that can be had for less than $20K. Overall, I'm very pleased.