Read Reviews (13) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Pathfinder

Awesome vehicle inside, outside and under the hood

by epdjr:      Mar 21, 2006

Pros: Great Styling Fast and powerfull excellent on and offroad Lots of room for cargo
Cons: gas mileage (to be expected) slightly cramped backseat cumbersome temperature controls radio not loud enough
The Bottom Line: Overall definite buy. This vehicle has everything. Plenty of cargo room, 7 passenger seating, great horsepower and towing capacity and beautiful styling. It's a perfect blend of class and attitude.

Styling

First I want to talk about the new styling of the Pathfinder seeing as how that's what initially catches everyones eye when looking at vehicles. I personally love the new styling. To me it's a bit of Acura MDX meets Hummer H3. The grill and headlights let everyone know that you have some class and enjoy a sophisticated ride while the large fender flares and boxy backend tell people you aren't afraid to play in the mud. The more extreme styling also separates the Pathfinder from other vehicles in it's class which mostly seem to be molded after a bar of soap.

Interior

The interior is also pretty nice. The metal accents as well as the orange gauges give the Pathfinder the feel that you are sitting in a vehicle that was fully thought out down to the smallest detail. The front drivers seat is fully adjustable in all directions and makes for a comfortable ride. The 64 position seating is also a great feature and comes in handy in any situation. I hear allot of people saying that the third row is cramped but of course you know that when you buy it. No SUV of this size is going to have a third row that isn't. To me I see it not as a con but a pro. I mean, they could just have left the darn seat out then you wouldn't have the option at all. I'm just glad it's there when I need it. The only complaint I have to make about the interior is that the second row seat is a little smaller than I would have hoped and the temp knobs on the dash could be easier to use. Here in Pa we go from 20 degrees in the am to 85 degrees in the afternoon so when I have to turn it back from 80 to 60 it seems like I'm sitting there forever turning the knob back and forth.

Driving

THIS is where it all comes together !!! This has to be one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven (well, next to a vette). For a 6,000 lb SUV that can go just about anywhere this thing moves. With the 4.0l 24 valve DOHC 6 cyl engine pushing out 265 hp at 291 lb feet of torque this boy gets up and goes. In fact the 0-60 time is only .4 seconds slower than the 5.7L Hemi V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee !! Now granted, when we buy an SUV it's not intended to race but there aren't too many people out there who don't enjoy seeing what it has under the hood and smiling as we pass some 16 year old in a 98 eclipse with a spoiler the size of a surfboard. OK...back on track. The Pathfinder seems to have found the perfect middle ground. This thing handles great on the road yet seem to have been built for the trails. With a wishbone suspension and uphill and downhill assist Nissan really intended the people who buy this vehicle to seriously use it off road. Once again the MDX meets H3 analogy works great here. I mean, I actually think of places to go just so I can drive it.

Overall

Overall, I have never owned nor driven a nicer vehicle. If I could pull the parts I like from other vehicles to make one vehicle that I would have to drive everyday this would be it. I recommend the Pathfider to anyone who is thinking of a midsize SUV...you WON'T be disappointed.
Amount Paid (US$): 27,800