Read Reviews (23) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 tC

1 month and im lovin it!

by Jickybob:      May 31, 2005

Pros: Automatic transmission, price, 6 Speaker Sound system, Roominess, Handling, no-haggle price!
Cons: trying to find some
The Bottom Line: The Best car for the money with no Flaws! Great motor!

I bought my new Scion tC back on April 30, 2005 and have loved it ever since... I was not necessarily in the market, but I have studied cars since I was 8 years old, and fell in love with the tC when I first laid eyes on it, and knew the price... I am a big reader of all the magazines such as Car and Drive, Motor Trend, Road and Track, etc, and Consumer Reports, and all of them love Toyota and believe they are top notch in quality and reliability, and that they make a great vehicle for the money and in general! Scion was rated #1 in predicted reliability by Consumer Reports for their 2005 automobile issue and I believe they are probably correct... There are 2 brands that will run "forever" and that is Toyota and Honda, and Scions are made by Toyota! When I went to look at the Scion I found that they had a demo that I really liked that was 1000 dollars off since it had 600 miles on it... I didnt think that would be bad at all and it was the Flint Mica with the Manual Transmission and a ton of options! It was a beautiful car with everything I wanted on it, and then some, and it was in my price range! So I test drove it and liked it, although I was not yet prepared to make a purchase that day. I came back a few days later and it was gone but they had a Indigo Ink Pearl (Navy Blue in lehmens terms) with an automatic in it. Although I had already test driven the demo, I wanted to try the Blue one since it had an auto and the demo had a manual, and I found that I like the auto more because I had already owned a Ford Focus with a manual, and another Ford with an automatic, and I enjoyed not having to shift all the time... So I bought the automatic and have not regreted it once since!

The car has been a ball to drive! It is rather peppy off the line, and it handles like a go cart! My brother has a 2004 Mazda RX-8 which is a great handling car, and although the facts say otherwise, it doesnt seem as if his car could outhandle my Scion. None the less, he gets an average of 16 MPG and I have been averaging from 27.8-30.5 MPG and thats been mostly city like driving! It has been great, and I dont drive it like a woman... Acceleration for those who fear that it only has a 4 cylinder, should not fear it cause it does great, and it maintains perfect control the whole time, and doesnt feel like something might break at full throttle! Although I have only done about 105 MPH in it, I know it will do 128 MPH and would go faster if it didnt have the electronic governor on it, but either way, it doesnt lack power... Buy the car! The Stereo is great too, I mean how many cars in this price range have a Pioneer 6 speaker Sound System? None but the Scion, and it pounds! Check it out, and its comfortable! Room for 5 people, and still a compact car to drive make it a hoot! Try it, like it, get'er done with fun while your on the run! Just a few things I must say about the Scion tC!
Condition: New