Read Reviews (5) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Beetle

View all reviews by adobecasa

Can't Help But Look back and Smile!

by adobecasa:      May 24, 2012

Pros: Great Styling... comes standard with a smile!
Cons: Wish it was a diesel.
The Bottom Line: I love everything about my Beetle, and wouldn't trade if for anything... except a diesel version!

My 2005 Volkswagen Beetle is my sweetheart. I got started when I leased a 2007 Convertible. But when the lease was over... I was just sad! I had to get another, so I opted for one that was the older body style, because it had the 4 cly motor and got better gas mileage than my 2007 Convertible which was equipped with the new 5 Cyl motor.
I bought my 2005 from the original owner at it only has 23,000 miles on it, and I am writing this in 2012! He is Sunflower Yellow, and just makes you smile everytime you see it!
Plenty of power, handles fabulously and has all the bells and whistles you could want without going overboard. He is getting about 27 MPG right now, which isn't bad for a car that isn't a hybrid. The only thing that would make the mileage better is if I would have been able to find a TDI (diesel) but unfortunately... it just wasn't in the cards this time around.
This car is equipped with the Monsoon sound system (which is the greatest sound system ever) beautiful black leather seats, and the easiest manual transmission you could ever ask for. The hydraulic clutch is a blessing, and feels completely different then my 2004 Ford Mustang did, which felt more like driving a semi-truck when you were shifting!
So far, it has been just fine reliability wise, and honestly... I just love it!
Amount Paid (US$): 10,500