Comments on BANGLE BUTT STRIKES BACK" (6 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Well done!
by bigtruckseries
BOTTOM LINE...BUY THE S class.

The 7 drive's better only if you are pushing it hard. Under regular use, the difference comes down to the more comfortable interior. S Class has it.
Dec 20, 2009
6:18 am PST

Well done!
by gunner69
I was debating between a 750LI and a Mercedes S Class. Your discussion of the Command System and the IDrive was perfect. You discussed all the stuff normal people need to know!
Dec 19, 2009
4:54 pm PST

Re: Please credit sources
by bigtruckseries
good point, I will alter that. I thought that I had done enough to change it but I'd rather not infringe on any sources.
9:02 am PDT

Please credit sources
by tch7
I understand that there are only so many ways that some things can be phrased, but if you are going to copy something verbatim, you need to credit the source. Whether it is half a sentence or an entire paragraph, if you did not write it, do not take credit for it. Representing it as your own is plagiarism and could earn you a ticket for copyright infringement.

"The QVGA (320 x 240) camera goes along with their new high-beam assist feature (which itself monitors the road for other vehicles and adjusts the high-beams accordingly when no one is around), and scans at up to about 1,000 feet in front of the vehicle, even swiveling horizontally with the headlights during turns." http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/18/bmw-goes-night-vision-on-us/
8:41 am PDT

Re: I(diot)-Drive?
by bigtruckseries
When I first saw the 745, I actually like it. The exterior was futuristic and so was the interior.
I'm a techy person and I LOVE buttons. I love seat adjustments and computer intergration.

Unfortunately BMW did it all wrong and until you have something better to compare it to, you really don't understand that.

Did you read my review on the S-CLASS 550?
THAT is what every single techno-car should be. With a couple of tweaks, the S550 would be a definate keeper.
8:35 am PDT

I(diot)-Drive?
by openroad
I have painful memories of driving the 745Li at my local BMW dealer a couple years ago. The Susan G. Komen Ultimate Drive cancer benefit event came to my town and I took the opportunity to try out several different models. The only car that was always available was the 745Li. I didn't know why until I asked to take it out for a drive.

One of the assistants actually came and sat down next to me in the car to explain how to drive it. The whole key start and transmission operation was totally over-complicated. Once driving I wanted to try out the "premium stereo" and soon realized I could either drive or find the stereo "homepage", not both. The X5 4.4 SUV was faster, easier to drive, handled better, and had good old-fashioned manual controls.

Thanks for your comparison of the 745 and 750 for those people wanting to know the changes. I guess BMW still doesn't understand their target market with this vehicle.

All the best,