Read Reviews (4) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2006 Colorado

View all reviews by davidsep30

2006 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71

by davidsep30:      May 29, 2006

Pros: Bad boy look, spacey, content theft alarm, mp3 compatability, comfortable ride, and door handles.
Cons: Poor speakers, sound quality, GAS MILEAGE, location of power lock button, get up and go.
The Bottom Line: go for it, keep in mind cons.

The body of this truck is very attractive. The only thing i have noticed with the body is that on my 2006 they removed the plastic guards from across the doors. I kind of liked them because i believe they help block dings from other people hitting your vehicle with their doors. I purchased mine in the Blue Granite Metallic which is new for 2006 and it is beautiful. i have recieved many compliments. i purchased the Z71 edition which basically added 3 inches and stiffer suspension along with wheel flares. Inside the truck it is very roomy. I traded in my 2001 gmc sonoma (the truck that the colorado replaced) and noticed a few differences. The gas mileage in my sonoma surpassed my colorado significantly. the sonoma had a 15 gal tank and the colorado has a 17 gal tank. Although they boost that the five cylinder gets great gas mileage, i would like to disagree. I do not have 4 wheel drive on my colorado. the truck inside though is very nice, with the exception of the space for my left leg. It is very uncomforatble to find a relaxing postion for my leg with out it bumping the door controls and when i extend it out it just doesn't feel natural compared to my sonoma. The radio adds the option of playing mp3's which is awesome with the exception that the sound from the 6 speakers is poor. i can turn the radio to max with the windows down and not realize it. The bass from the speakers is poor and on higher volume is distorted. The remote entry is pretty handy and it comes with a content theft alarm which is nice with the exception that if you open the door with the key it will activate and can only be turned off by starting the truck. The ride is great, i love the 3 inch lift that the Z71 suspension package adds. There could be more power when you push the pedal. Overall, the truck is beautiful and for long distance trips is comfortable for a midsized truck. i drove it from Mississippi to Boston and was happy with it for the most part(except gas mileage). Although this review sounds harsh, i value this truck and would recommend this vehicle noting the above.