Read Reviews (8) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2006 Quest

I can't wait to get rid of this car

by sk985:      Jan 25, 2007

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Easy to drive. Loads of passenger and cargo room.
Cons: Inside is ugly and cheap looking. Does not hold its resale value well.
The Bottom Line: If you are thinking of a minivan, you are better off with the Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. They also hold their retail value better.

The car is roomy and fairly comfortable. It is also easy to drive. But I am beginning to believe it is a piece of crap. I bought a 2004 Quest, it had so many problems and was in the shop so many times that it fell under the "Lemon Law" Nissan had to replace it, though I had to pay some depreciation. The most common problems seemed to be electrical, and they couldn't seem to fix it. For instance the heat or AC would go on and off by itself. The rear sliding door would also open & close on its own when trying to shut it.
The replacement Quest I got is the same model SE, but a 2006. It is better, but I am still unhappy with it. This one had an annoying rattle that they couldn't find because it sounded like it was coming from the back of the vehicle, but it would stop if pressure was put on the sunroof. Eventually they replaced the sunroof and it was alright. But they broke my radio antennae, now that need to be replaced, of course they had to order it, so it needs to go back again! I've had it with this car. I've had it with Nissan. I am going to replace it with a BMW. something that will hold some of its value. The Quest is loaded, with a Nav system and DVDs in the back. It retailed for at least $36000, trade in value is only $22,000, and I've only had the car a year.
Recommended: No