Read Reviews (14) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2007 ELANTRA

Fantastic and reliable car....

by NyMeg144:      Jan 25, 2009

Pros: STEERING! HUGE TRUNK! GAS SAVER! XM RADIO; LUXURY VEHICLE FOR LESS.
Cons: Tires; interior labeling tape on the radio section.
The Bottom Line: BUY THIS CAR! IT'S THE BIGGEST BANG FOR MY BUCK THAT I COULD FIND. Great quality, great warranty.

The 2007 Hyundai Elantra has an appearance between a Honda Civic and a Volkswagen Jetta. The dash board lighting is blue LED, and the brightness can be adjusted. There are plenty of drink holsters, 6 to be exact.

The steering and pinpoint turning is unlike I've ever seen! I can do a "3-point turn" with just turning my car. For instance, if I were on a 1 lane street and were going the wrong direction; I could just turn my steering wheel around and be in the opposite lane of traffic without any effort. It's AMAZING.

I have owned my 2007 Hyundai Elantra since June 2007, it has been a great car to me, and still is doing great! It is reliable, fashionable, and most of all gas efficient.

For a 4-cylinder, it goes FAST! Also, interesting fact about Hyundai's, depending on the model you get, they have mitsubishi engines in them. My Hyundai Elantra has a mitsubishi engine. Fantastic pick up, I highly recommend the manual shift; 1: because it's cheaper than automatic and 2: because it's fun to drive.

HYUNDAI CHARGES FOR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, SO IT'S MORE COST EFFECTIVE IF THE BUYER KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE MANUAL; MANUALS ARE CHEAPER WITH THIS COMPANY. ONE OF THE FEW CAR COMPANIES STILL OPERATING LIKE THIS.

Depending on the model you receive (I am rating the Hyundai Elantra SE),  you can get LEATHER HEATED SEATS! Yes, you can have a Hyundai luxury vehicle. They're great. The SE has cloth seats which are quite comfortable and easily adjusted. The vehicle is family friendly with the straps for car seats ready to go in the rear with easy accessibility. The SE model and above comes with XM radio which makes for a majestic experience during night time driving because it shines blue just like the dash board consoles.

I have been able to get 30 mpg in city and 38 mpg on interstate!! GREAT GAS SAVER!! Does better than some motorcycles.

HUGE TRUNK! This vehicle is fantastic for traveling. I have placed my skis through the fold down compartment in the back seat inside my car. (They also have factory ski racks available, they look pretty sweet to be honest; bit pricey though)

FANTASTIC HANDLING! Like I mentioned earlier, pinpoint steering, sincerely, I haven't seen better, my friends comment on it all the time.

The controls are easy to identify.

THE TIRES. If you purchase this vehicle and you live up North, you'll need snow tires. The road tires on the vehicle at purchase are "alright", but will not get you through the winter as I found out taking my vehicle up to New York during the last snow storm. It would have been easier to do "donuts" in it with snow tires on it.

WARRANTY: I haven't come into any troubles yet, BUT, while reading they're very tricky with the wording so be very alert with it because there are definitely disqualifiers.

THE STEREO LABELING TAPE: The only problem I had interior wise was when it became extremely hot in the Virginia Sun this past summer, the stereo labeling tape was so hot when i went to change the volume it scraped from my touch. I still am trying to figure out if I can get that fixed. No one but the owner notices it though, so no worries! :)

OVERALL!! FANTASTIC VEHICLE!