Read Reviews (3) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2007 Armada

View all reviews by johnsmith26

Better Than a Fleet of Ships

by johnsmith26:      Nov 29, 2007

Pros: Great Size, Comfort, Powerful Engine, Cargo Space, Entertainment System
Cons: Gas Mileage, Braking System
The Bottom Line: Buy an Armada. It is the best SUV out on the market for its price range.

Better Than a Fleet of Ships
As a 16 year old male growing up in the great city of San Diego, one is exposed to the materialistic things that this life has to offer. For the lucky teenagers, the day the parents buy a new car after acquiring the license is one of the most memorable. For me, I was blessed with one of the best parents one could ask for. So naturally my father bought me a car of my choice. That day started with me going to school on a beautiful Friday morning. After classes had ended for the day I prepared for my basketball game that night. My team had a game that was about 30 minutes away. As the game came to a close I sat on the bench enjoying our 30 point victory. After the game I saw my father with my two little sisters and step-mother. As my family walked me to the bus my dad stopped in the parking lot and pointed across the lot to the only car that I wanted. My Nissan Armada. I dropped my bags and sprinted towards the beast. Unfortunately, my coach still made me ride back with the team that night. Needlessly to say, that was one of the most memorable moments of my young life. I chose the Nissan Armada after doing some research among other SUV’s. The Nissan Armada is the best SUV in its class and all SUV’s that are in the same price range.
Comfort and Compatibility
When I first sat in the Armada, I had leg room for one of the first times in my life. Because I stand six feet six inches tall, with most vehicles, including most SUV’s, my leg room is limited when driving the vehicle. The steering wheel always seems to bother my knees. As I sat in the driver’s seat staring through the back of the vehicle, I couldn’t help but feel how much cargo room there was. With seating of eight, the two bucket seats in the front, three regular seats in the middle and three in the back. This vehicle has a lot of room for seating. Because of this, I found myself driving my friends and I more times than not. Not to mention it has many different places for eight people to hold their personal belongings. The vehicle has enough cup holders for everyone and behind the first five seats there are pockets to hold extra things.
The Armada also has dual air conditioning and separate air conditioning for the two back rows as well. During the summer in San Diego, it can get extremely hot. With the Armada, not only does the air conditioning have many different settings, air comes out faster and colder than any other SUV or car that I have ever driven in. When buying a vehicle one may not look into the air conditioning, but when the time comes it is one of the best features a vehicle can have.
The Difference Maker
As a teenager who loves to listen to music, the entertainment system is definitely one of my favorite assets of the vehicle. The Armada comes standard with ten Bose speakers. When I listened to music in my car with friends, I received countless complements about the system. I was constantly asked if I had put a custom system in the vehicle. Not only does the vehicle have a great sound system, it comes with a six disc C.D. changer. The steering comes equipped with controls for changing the songs, volume and the cruise control. At my age, I am guilty for multitasking, and this feature definitely made it a lot safer for me to drive. Although my Armada initially didn’t have a DVD Entertainment system, when it came time to install one it was very easy to install because the vehicle already had the compartment needed installed.
The Ups and Downs
When I had my permit, I had to drive a Mitsubishi Lancer, and with the exception of the turning radius, the Armada handles just as good if not better. The engine has more power than any other vehicle in its class. One of my best friends has a Cadillac Escalade and we compared the two vehicles coming off the line. The Armada not only beat the Escalade, but it dominated it. With a V8 5.6 liter engine, this vehicle has more power than necessary. The best part about the engine is how quiet it is. It purrs like a sleeping cat. The only bad part about the engine is how much of a gas-guzzler it is. When short on money I would put just 10 dollars in, the meter for the gas wouldn’t even move up on the line. The gas mileage per gallon is not the best. It ranges from 10-15 miles per gallon depending on highway mileage or city mileage. Although most vehicles this size are not any better.
When parking the beast, it actually was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I found the rear sensor for backing up to be very helpful. It allowed for parking in spaces meant for small vehicles, such as a Lancer. For outside of the vehicle, the windshield wipers worked very well. The Armada also comes with wipers for the rear end of the vehicle. Also there are many different speeds available, depending on the severity of the weather. I loved this feature because it allowed me to change the settings to the exact timing that I wanted, which gave me the luxury of not having to mess with it too much.
The main problem that I had with the SUV was the brakes. When I first bought the vehicle they were fine. But within a month or so, I had to be extra gentle with the brakes. This was because when I would come to a stop; the braking system would cause the whole car to shake. I took it to the dealership and they fixed them for free. After that, they gave me no problems. In fact, they probably saved my life more than one time. The braking system was great; it felt like I was braking in a car. I put over 40,000 miles on my Armada and besides that one incident, it never gave me trouble. This vehicle is very dependable.
The Nissan Armada is a great SUV overall. With the exception of the few problems with gas-guzzling and recalls on the braking system, this SUV is certainly one of the best. The pros of this vehicle are far more valuable than the few cons that it has. Although I am only 19 years of age now, consider that I look into SUV’s more than most people, when I say the Armada is a great SUV.

Amount Paid (US$): 35,000.00