Read Reviews (12) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2007 Jetta

Epinions Most Popular Authors - Top 500

The SanDisk Sansa Clip 2GB is great for my kids

by gjacks:      May 6, 2008

Pros: Size, weight, and ease of use.
Cons: Recharging could be easier and more flexible
The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this MP3 player for the numerous great aspects it has.

The Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 player was the perfect Christmas present for my 8-year old twin boys. They have recently become very interested in contemporary Christian and pop music and asked for an MP3 player for Christmas. When I found this one on sale before Christmas, I went out and bought two. The only thing I've regretted is not buying a third one for me.

The Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 player has many positive aspects. They include:

Size This MP3 player is small enough to fit in your pocket without taking up too much space. It also fit very easily into a seat back in the car or into a woman's purse. Unfortunately, it also fits very easily into a small zipper pocket of a backpack. :)

Weight The weight of this MP3 player is perfect for runners. I've borrowed it a few times to run with and I could barely tell it was even clipped to my shirt.

Ease of use The Sansa Clip is the easiest MP3 player to use that I've had. Loading songs from the computer to the MP3 player couldn't be easier. Just plug it up and Windows Media Player does the work for you. Also, navigating the player is very easy. Finding a song is very easy and they are sorted many different ways including title, artist, genre, etc.

Now on to many of the nasty technical details of the Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 player:

It plays MP3, WMA, secure WMA, and Audible audio file formats.
Allows up to 40 preset channels on an FM tuner.
Up to 15 hours of playtime.
Rechargeable batter so you don't have to buy AA or AAA batteries every few weeks.
It allows voice recording with a built in mocrophone. My kids have had a blast with this feature.
Between 30-64 hours and 500-1000 songs based on file type can be stored on this MP3 player.

The only negative that I have found so far is that the only way to recharge the battery is to plug it into a USB port in your computer. It would be very handy if the MP3 player could be recharged by plugging into an ordinary electrical outlet, but this is not an option with this MP3 player.

All in all, the Sansa Clip 2GB MP3 player is a great MP3 player for music lovers of all ages. It is very lightweight and easy to use. It's so easy, even my kids' grandmother can use it.