Platinum Guild International 21 Piece Professional Platinum Cooking System

Platinum Professional Cooking System: Start Your Own Food Revolution

Apr 2, 2010 (Updated Apr 8, 2010)

Pros:Save you time, energy, and money, easy to clean, lifetime warrantee, great investment

Cons:Cost is prohibitive for some (but well worth the investment)

The Bottom Line: Improve your health! Have fun in the kitchen! Free up your time! Never think about needing cookware again!

My husband and I first learned of the Platinum Professional Cooking System after accepting an invitation to an intimate dinner at a friend's home. The dinner, prepared by a cooking consultant, was informative, fun and engaging. The small group discussed many aspects of health, shopping habits, the role of nutrition, energy conservation and time management.

Everyone seemed genuinely interested in the Platinum system, yet even after the brief interactive presentation on how Platinum's unique construction and design saves time, energy and money while promoting health, there was much skepticism about the outcome of the food we had just witnessed being prepared - fresh broccoli and carrots with frozen corn cooked together in one pan, a pot roast and seasonings cooked without any liquids, pan-cooked tilapia, and perhaps most intriguing, potatoes and chicken skillet-fried without oil! Some even whispered about stopping for a real meal later, on the way home.

Well, it turned out to be one of the most amazing home-cooked meals I've ever eaten! And it wasn't just me. Everyone agreed that the meal was splendid. Each of the vegetables had retained their distinct flavor and color. The tender, juicy, succulent roast had minimal shrinkage. The fish was moist and delicate, The potatoes and chicken were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Everything tasted better than usual. The entire dinner, made up of common, every day food selections with minimal seasonings added, was outstanding! The guests cleaned their plates and no food was left over.

With the fabulous meal behind us, our thoughts quickly turned to clean up, especially the large skillet that had been used for frying. The chef had simply placed cold water in the pan right off the stove and covered it while we ate. Much to our astonishment, he easily removed the fried, crunchy crust with a few swipes of a paper towel. An added bonus --- the pots and lids were dishwasher safe.

After an educational, satisfying evening, and being a family who realizes that preparing nutritious food is essential to good health, we decided to purchase a set of Platinum cookware.

For our needs (two adults with monthly family gatherings), we chose the Urban Set which consists of 2-quart and 3-quart Saucepans with lids, 4-quart and 8-quart Roasters with lids, 11-inch Skillet with lid, 4-quart Degreaser, medium and large Utility Bowls with lids, Steamer Basket, grate/Steamer Rack, Adapter Ring, Suction Knob, Wok/Jumbo Skillet, and Audio Knob.  Through a special promotion we also received a free 13-inch Skillet. And my husband was thrilled when the chef/consultant threw in the 13-inch Grill Pan as a gift, just for attending! Guys simply love the Grill Pan (aka the Man Pan at our house).

We left the dinner excited about cooking more, eating healthier and the arrival of our new cookware! And it arrived 3 days later, as promised. We watched the enclosed DVD which shows off each piece of the 21-piece base set and walks you through several easy, yummy recipes while highlighting the built-in features. We followed the simple first-time cleaning instructions and jumped into using the cookware that day. Since then our lives have been transformed!

Platinum's well thought out product construction and design makes a huge impact on our lives now. Each pot comes with a lid and every lid has a temperature knob that takes the quesswork out of cooking by regulating the temperatures we cook at and placing more nutrient-dense food on our plate. Each set of cookware comes with an audio knob that you can place on any pot you want. That knob frees us from pot watching, so whether we're doing yoga, enjoying a conversation, or handling business, the knob reminds us (literally) when it's time to turn down the heat. Thanks to the option to stack our cookware, we no longer run out of burners when preparing multiple dishes for family gatherings or holidays. That and being able to cook just about everything on top of the stove, save us money on our monthly utility bill.

We'd heard in the demonstration that the base of the pot could hold heat and actually keep cooking (without burning) after being removed from the stove. We never planned to test it but one day we were running late for a potluck and reluctantly grabbed the unfinished rice and bean dish from the stove, placed it on a towel, and drove to the potluck. The dish was actually done when we arrived!

As if those things weren't enough, we find that Platinum's small design features are what make cooking a real joy. When you are pouring from a pot and stop, there is no drip. The grooved lids prevent condensed water from spilling over your surfaces when the lid is removed. Instead of running to the sink to rest a hot lid, we simply cradle it in the pot's handle. The heat resistant handles and knobs mean we no longer use potholders or mitts. And flipping over the lids to use as serving trivets is not allows us to show off the elegant functionality of our cookware (which really impresses folks) but it really does keep served food warm for much longer.

If there were a downside to the cookware, I'd have to say that Platinum's concepts challenge everything we've been taught about cooking - the need to use water or water, draining vital nutrients down the sink, cooking on high temperatures, certain foods must be cooked in the oven, and more. In fact, the first meal I prepared in Platinum was sauteed kale. I just couldn't imagine that those delicate red leaves wouldn't stick to the pot along with the onions and garlic. My husband kept encouraging me and I finally tossed them in and covered with the lid. After about 5 minutes, we were delighted to find the most brightly colored, aromatic, tender, delicious kale awaiting us.

That day I learned that you have to trust the Platinum system. It works, really. Now, the guesswork and stress of cooking is gone! By eating at home, eating more of the food we pay for (through less shrinkage), cooking on the stovetop instead of the oven, using low temperatures, no longer babysitting pots, eliminating stirring and opening lids, and so much more, we are saving time, energy, money, improving health and having fun doing it.

In fact, cooking is so much fun now that we prepare and cook 90% of our own meals, and started our own food revolution right here in our kitchen.

Ceramic Guild Sweetheart 9 Round Vegetable Bowl, Fine China Dinnerware - Platinum Trim

Ceramic Guild - Ceramic Guild Sweetheart 9 Round Vegetable Bowl - Platinum Trim
Replacements, Ltd.

Ceramic Guild Sweetheart Gravy Boat with Attached Underplate, Fine China Dinnerware - Platinum Trim

Ceramic Guild - Ceramic Guild Sweetheart Gravy Boat with Attached Underplate - Platinum Trim
Replacements, Ltd.

Guild Fine China Leeann Candleholder (BB), Fine China Dinnerware - White Floral On Rim,Platinum Trim&Verge

Guild Fine China - Guild Fine China Leeann Candleholder (BB) - White Floral On Rim,Platinum Trim&Verge

CafePress Nebraska Writers Guild, Updated logo Mug

CafePress Nebraska Writers Guild, Updated logo Mug

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! The perfect size for your favorite morning beverage or late night brew. Large, easy-grip handle. Treat ...
CafePress.com

Designers Guild Jinshi Espresso Cup & Saucer, Set of 4

Designers Guild Jinshi Espresso Cup & Saucer, Set of 4

This set of four porcelain teacups and saucers from Designers Guild features softly painted watercolor brushstrokes in rich shades of indigo blue.

GUILD 3367 VINDEL REST. RHONE-TULIP GLASS - SET OF 4

GUILD 3367 VINDEL REST. RHONE-TULIP GLASS - SET OF 4

WINE APPRECIATION GUILD 3367 VINDEL REST. RHONE-TULIP GLASS - SET OF 4
CafePress Assassin Guild Mug

CafePress Assassin Guild Mug

CafePress.com

Unemployed Philosophers Guild Great Drinkers Shot Glasses Collectible Glassware

Unemployed Philosophers Guild Great Drinkers Shot Glasses Collectible Glassware

Great Drinkers Shot Glasses by Unemployed Philosophers Guild Description Is there a connection between literary greatness and alcohol? Well, let's see...

Ceramic Guild Panorama Flat Cup & Saucer Set, Fine China Dinnerware - Band Of Brown Floral&Geometric Shapes

Ceramic Guild - Ceramic Guild Panorama Flat Cup & Saucer Set - Band Of Brown Floral&Geometric Shapes