3M Command 17068 Medium Wire Hooks (051131921276) Reviews

3M Command 17068 Medium Wire Hooks (051131921276)

3M Command Medium Wire Hooks ~ Can Stick-on Hooks Really Work?

Mar 22, 2009

Pros:Hold tight, easy to mount, look nice, can be removed with no surface damage

Cons:None

The Bottom Line:

No need to put holes in the wall, these stick tight and hold strong.  Remove with no surface damage, and look nice.

Since I'm not exactly the Tool Man, I love anything that will help me avoid using tools.  Plus, since I live in an apartment, I don't really want to put holes in the walls.  These 3M Command Hooks are THE answer!

~ Product Description

3M Command Medium Wire Hooks are designed to hold strong with adhesive action, AND pull off cleanly without surface damage if you need to remove them.  Stick on hooks?  Yes - and they work!

These medium hooks have a white plastic base, and the hook part is a silver/chrome metal with a slight ball on the end of the hook.  These will hold up to 5 lbs., and are suitable for use as utility hooks, for instance cleaning tools, kitchen utensils, small towels, scarves, so many things.  The small diameter of the hook allows you to hang things with a small hole on the handle, for instance.

To mount the hook first clean the surface with rubbing alcohol.  Removed the red adhesive liner and align it as directed to the back of the hook, and press firmly.  Then remove the black "wall side" liner, and position the hook where you want it, and press firmly for 30 seconds.  Wait one hour before use, and that's it!

Should you need to remove the hook, slice the hook cover up, grab the removal tab and slowly side the tab straight down against the wall or surface.

In the package you get two hooks and four adhesive strips.  The extra strips are in case you want to remove the hooks, and then replace them somewhere else.  The package of two hooks costs about $3.20.  I found it at my local drugstore.

~ My Experience

Again, not being the handiest person around the house, I was hopeful I could actually just stick the hook on and it would work as advertised.  I found the mounting instructions very easy to follow.  I wanted to put these hooks inside my utility cabinet to hold a toilet brush, fabric steamer, and the like.

I mounted the hooks, and I must confess I didn't exactly follow the instructions because I did not first clean the surface with rubbing alcohol.  My bad.  In any case, the hooks seemed to mount just fine, and I waited one hour.  My toilet brush hung perfectly, and the fabric steamer did too - and that steamer isn't exactly light weight.  At least 4 lbs., I'm guessing, but the hooks are designed to hold up to 5 lbs.

Well, let me tell you, these hooks hold TIGHT, and don't give the impression they're about to fall off.  They even look nice.  That one hook has been holding my fabric steamer for months now with no problem.  I've even knocked the hooks a couple times, and they are on solid.  I haven't tried to remove them because I love them, so I don't know if in fact they will come off cleanly, but in every other respect these hooks perform just as advertised.

~ Final Thoughts

3M Command Medium Wire Hooks are the answer to my prayers.  They are super easy to mount, they can be removed with no surface damage, I don't need to put holes in the walls, they hold tight and are very strong and look nice.  I couldn't ask for more.  You MUST give these a try!  Note that you'll find these in various sizes and designs for nearly every household use.

Command Medium Wire Hooks by 3M

Command Medium Wire Hooks by 3M

Great for hanging a hair dryer or decoration on a wall! This hook's revolutionary adhesive holds strongly on a variety of surfaces including paint, wo...
Michaels Stores, Inc

3m Command 2 Wire Hooks 4 Medium Strips. Holds 3 Pounds Each

3m Command 2 Wire Hooks 4 Medium Strips. Holds 3 Pounds Each

2 command wire hooks. These each hold 3 lbs. a lot of the ones posted in eBay only hold 1 lb. new in package Posted with eBay Mobile

3m 17068 2 Count Medium Command Wire Hooks

3m 17068 2 Count Medium Command Wire Hooks

Wire hooks Holds on strongly Comes off cleanly No nail holes Medium design Each hook holds 3 lbs. Includes 4 adhesive strips 2 per card
3M(TM) Command(TM) General Purpose Hooks, Wire, Medium, 3-Lb Capacity, Pack Of 2

Attaches and removes cleanly and easily Stretch-release technology simplifies removal. Gently stretch the adhesive to remove without leaving sticky, o...

3m 8 Pack Command, 1.197 X 3.153 X 1.457, Medium Wire Hooks With Strips

3m 8 Pack Command, 1.197 X 3.153 X 1.457, Medium Wire Hooks With Strips

8 pack, Command, 1.197 x 3.153 x 1.457, Medium Wire Hooks With Strips, Mounting Solution That Holds Firmly Removes Cleanly, Command, Wire Hooks Are A ...

Command Medium Hooks Value Pack, Clear by 3M

Command Medium Hooks Value Pack, Clear by 3M

Forget about nails, screws and tacks. These medium hooks are fast and easy to hang. The revolutionary adhesive holds strongly on a variety of surfaces...
Michaels Stores, Inc

Command Mini Adhesive Hook By 3M

Command Mini Adhesive Hook By 3M

COMMAND MINI HOOK: mini hook utility adhesive hooks command
3m Command, Small Wire Hook Value Pack, 9 Hooks

3m Command, Small Wire Hook Value Pack, 9 Hooks

Command, Small Wire Hook Value Pack, 9 Hooks, Revolutionary Mounting Solution That Holds Firmly, Removes Cleanly Leaves No Surface Damage. 3M COMPANY ...

3M(TM) Command(TM) Clear Hooks, Medium, Clear, Pack Of 2

3M(TM) Command(TM) Clear Hooks, Medium, Clear, Pack Of 2

Attaches and removes cleanly and easily Easy and safe installation. Will not leave holes, marks, sticky residue or stains. Attaches to most flat, smoo...