Are you looking to install a hook on your wall? Perhaps you need to hang up some clothes, a jacket, or a towel. All of the Command products from 3M utilize a fantastic innovation in wall installation. And the Large Hook version is no exception.
Benefits of the Command 3M Large Hook
There are many benefits to using the 3M Large Hook. First of all, the command products are perfect for those people who are a little less handy when it comes to home installation. No tools are required to set this product up, so you don't have to bother with a screwdrivers, hooks, screws, nails or hammers. Everything you need is right in the package.
Another related benefit is that you don't have to make any holes in your walls. In fact, there is no damage to the walls at all. Years later you can remove this product and your wall will look the same as it did before (or maybe a little cleaner in comparison).
This specific product even comes with two large hanging strips, which is very convenient. That allows you to reposition the hook. If you don't like where you've placed it or want to transfer it to a different part of your house, no problem! You can easily take it down and reapply it with the second strip.
And since this is the "Large Hook" version, it is capable of holding up to 2 kg or 5 lbs! Thats enough to hold a wet towel, or a suit.
The other great benefit of these strips is the ingenious removal. The hook actually has two parts, the weight bearing portion and the mounting portion. When you want to remove the hook, slide the weight bearing portion upwards and it will disconnect from the hook. Then the strip can be removed from the wall.
Mounting the hook is so simple, I'm sure a 10 year old would have no problem with it.
1. Clean your surface. Its best to use rubbing alcohol instead of household cleaners. The household cleaners can leave a soapy residue which will reduce the effectiveness of the mounting strip. Allow to dry.
2. Remove the red liner from one of the adhesive strips. Line the strip up with the back of the hook. Press firmly.
3. Put the hook where you want it to be on your wall. Remove the black liner from the other side of the adhesive strip. Press firmly and hold it against the wall (as hard as you can) for 30 seconds.
4. Wait 1 hour before use. This is important to let the adhesive set. If you put too much weight on the product right away, it might come off the wall.
Removing the hook is even easier than putting it up.
1. Slide the hook cover up. This will reveal the mounting base and the removal tab, which is essential for removing the hook from the wall.
2. Grab the removal tab. Slowly pull the tab straight down as you secure the hook with your other hand. Once the adhesive strip stretches to a certain length it looses all stickiness, and the hook will come free from the wall.
Notes and Cautions
Note: Apply to surfaces above 50 degrees F. Adhesive could soften and lose adhesion above 105 degrees F.
Caution: DO NOT use with delicate or paper wallpaper. May not adhere well to some vinyl wallpapers. Do not use for antiques, heirlooms or other valuable or irreplaceable items. Do not hang objects over beds.
The only real downside with these hooks is that you cannot exceed the maximum rated weight for each hook. If you start putting tons of weight (more than 5 lbs) on the hook, it can come off the wall, and in that instance, its possible to damage the wall. Follow the directions, and you'll be fine.
In summary, I am a big fan of all Command Strip 3M products. The Large Hook is great for holding big products, and I have used them to hold my shower towels and jackets. You'll be impressed with how easy it is to use, and how much it can hold.
Recommend this product?