3M Photo/Document Mailer 5 3/4"x8 1/2" (MMM79161) Reviews

3M Photo/Document Mailer 5 3/4"x8 1/2" (MMM79161)

Mail Photos Safely With The Scotch 3M Photo Document Mailer

Aug 2, 2012

Pros:Peel strip adhesive, address box, Do Not Bend labeling, recyclable.

Cons:Some mail carriers will completely ignore the Do Not Bend caution.

The Bottom Line: If you send photos, laminated items, smaller sized documents or other image sensitive items, these mailers can help protect against bending.

Even with all of the technology at our fingertips, there are still times when I need to send actual photos through the mail. It's a lot easier to send an email with a photo attachment or send someone the link to your online photo album but I have several family members that are clueless about computers let alone going online from home. The Scotch 3M mailers are not hard shelled but they are thick enough to prevent a hard crease in a photo; the peel away adhesive strip makes it easy to use but it doesn't offer you a lot of security so if you are sending anything of a sensitive nature you are going to want to add another piece of tape over it.

Printed on the mailer are sender and receiver information boxes, if you are sending internationally you are going to have to try to cram everything in to the three lines. That's not impossible but you need to be careful with how larger you are writing. The "Do Not Bend" wording is on the front and back of the mailer but from past experiences there are some carriers that completely disregard those words completely and will try to force it in to a mailbox or smash it in with magazines. If you know that you have someone like that working your route you are going to want to make sure you tell the sender to add a piece of cardboard to the inside of it.

There are sizes larger and smaller than this one so if this is too small or too large you do have options. I have never seen a multi size pack of mailers from Scotch but they could be lurking out there somewhere. These are 5 3/4 x 8 1/2 but you aren't going to be able to fit a photo of that exact size inside it. You do have to allow a little bit of space to get the photo or item inside it. The optimal size photo or document to use inside this is 5 x 7 because you are going to have enough room to send multiples but not so much room that it is going to slide around and possibly dent the edges.

These are plain white, there are seasonal ones that you can use to send Christmas or Easter photos in but those are getting harder and harder to find. I get the dozen packs for a little under nine dollars; if you were to buy them individually you would be spending about $1.50 or more on each of them. I don't use these often but I have bought them more than a couple of times in the past so even though I am not sending tons of them out, they are eventually getting used.

Always address these before you add the contents to it; the mailer is thick enough that you are not going to have to worry about ink seeping through or ballpoint pens leaving an impression but it's better to be safe than sorry. These do have to be taken to the post office to be weighed and mailed; you can slap on a couple dollars worth of postage and put it in a pick up box but it could easily get crushed or warped if a large volume of mail lands on top of it.

You can get these in a couple different sizes so if you are ordering them online you are going to want to make sure that you are getting the size that you want and the size that is going to work best for your needs. You can get a price break on larger packages but you need to make sure that you are going to have a true need for them. UPS stores and other shipping storefronts sell these individually but you are going to pay a premium price for them.

^V^ © Freak369 - 2012 ^V^

Jiffy Self Seal Padded 6 x 10 Kraft Mailers
JiffyLite Self Seal 5 x 10 Kraft Bubble Mailer
Quality Clasp 5 x 7-1/2 Kraft Envelopes
Avery Smart Shipper Corrugated VHS Tape Mailer
Quality Redi-Seal White Catalog Envelopes
Fellowes Cardboard Square Mailing Tubes

Untitled Document Search titles descriptions Scotch Photo Document Mailer Envelope, 5.75x8.5 (Pack of 12) MAILER PHOTO/DOC 5.75x8.5 Payments We will o...